Nitron Shock For Xdiavel — Worth It?

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Freerange_egg, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Night and day, the Sachs is abject shit. Bought Carole an Öhlins for a Christmas present for her's and it transformed the bike. Also put weight specific springs in the forks. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Different model, but fully agree - the standard Sachs shocks really are naff once done a few miles

In general speak in terms of brands, my suspension guy might be bias but said its worth paying a bit more for ktech, ohlins or yss. He did say avoid Maxton and Nitron as had some issues with parts supply and servicing of them rather then being bad shocks as such.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Many thanks. The Wilbers fork springs are 149.00 Euro but only comprise the springs.

That's much cheaper than the Andreani fork cartridge kit, which is £500-600 :astonished: [​IMG]but comprises the whole caboodle.

#6 Freerange_egg, Aug 8, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  4. I’d say it will make a big difference, I’ve noticed it whenever I’ve moved away from Sachs shocks, they are okay up to a point, but that’s it

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. No experience of Andreani kit, my choice was made after a conversation with the Wilber UK rep and cost driven. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've found the Andreani/Wilbers difference regarding the Xdiavel front forks. Wilbers offers only the fork springs, whereas Andreani offers a cartridge kit. It's a big difference.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information