Nitron Shocks

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by sburrows87, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading my rear 748 sachs shock to a Nitron sport shock. Everything I've heard thus far seems good. Is anyone using one and if so what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Sam

2. hope to see some replies ref this as i need to do similar but maybe not stretch to a ohlins

3. I got fed up with the harsh ride of my 748 last year.

Over the winter i bought a s/h rear Ohlins shock on ebay and then had that serviced and the forks serviced and revalved at Revs Racing in Halesowen. All was set up for my weight and what i use the bike for.

It has transformed the bike and made it much better ( and easier to ride fast) on the road. The forks now work as well as the Ohlins i had on my old Tuono Factory.

4. I used a Nitron on my DD race bike and have one fitted to my Monster S2R. They are very good, supposedly the quality is as good as the customer Ohlins stuff.
    I would certainly recommend them. The quality and parts used are the same across the range so unless you plan on making regular changes to the setup then you can save a few quid by doing away with remote reservoirs and adjusters. Mine was set up initially and I haven't touched the adjusters since.

5. Hmm, good feedback there. I was thinking about a s/h ohlins but there's not much in it after a service etc against the new nitron...

6. No there isn't and if you intend keeping the bike for sometime the Nitron may work out a better choice as it will be built to your spec.

The only thing i would say is that an Ohlins is always easy to resell at a later date as the name alone will sell it. Sad but true.

7. Yes your right on that one, they hold the value well.

The nitron looks a winner then all things considered unless a used online comes up cheap in the meantime?

8. If you have the cash ring John at Revs Racing re the forks.

Revs Suspension Services

£200 should get them serviced and revalved to your spec. and it will make a huge difference to the bike.

9. Yeah Revs has already set up the bike (with stock stuff) and they are top blokes!

10. +1 on the Nitron, got one fitted to my Gixxer track bike, had it set up initially and haven't touched it since, other than when I'm on wets when I back it off a couple of clicks. I put an Ohlins on my 999 for the road and it made an instantly noticeable difference, so much plusher. Oh bugger that's given you a positive for both options, sorry.

11. Can't comment on Nitron, sorry.
    Nog is good on this stuff. Sorted my 1000ss forks with Wilbers springs. Also does rear shocks, and lots of other things. Worth asking him I would have thought.
    Ruffs

12. Wilbers. The way forward.

13. Glad to hear revs are held in good regard as I have been planning on taking my forks to them for a seal and oil change.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information