No Discount For Security Measures

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by ibgarrow, Sep 6, 2023.

1. I’m insured with Cornmarket/IAM for my Panigale R and Hypermotard SP. Full NCD (9+ years)
    I recently added a BMW K1300S to the pack, and they put this on the policy to expire at the same date as the existing one.
    When I enquired about the effect of additional security measures-chain, lock, disk lock, tracker - I was surprised to receive this response.
    “ Adding the security features won't have an affect on the premium. They are not requirements from the insurer so don't have any premium reductions to add them unfortunately.”
    So I can park expensive hardware on my driveway without any additional security (the Panigale has a mandatory Biketrak). Seems weird.

2. On a multi bike policy, you normally only get a security discount once, usually on the most expensive bike, your R and hence the mandatory tracker. Andy

3. Been in a similar boat. Got a quote for a new to me bike before buying. When I got it I found out it had extra security. Rang up to go ahead with the quote and let them know about the extra security two days after the initial quote and they said it would be about £40 moreo_O

After my flabber was ghasted they relented and it only cost me £4 more than the previous two day old quote.

4. Understand.
    Also, the NCD is applied to the policy, not to the individual bikes, which might be problematic if I move one of them to another insurer. I won’t be able to claim “9+ years NCD” on it, whereas when I insured two with Carole Nash, they bothe attracted the same NCD as individual bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information