Nurburgring bikes only

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Alf, Sep 8, 2012.

1. A bit short notice but if anyone is interested there's bikes only training at the Nurburgring on the 24th & 25th of this month. There's different training packages or you can book an hours slot to ride round the Nordschlief circuit with an instructor for 99 euro's. I've done it before and it's very good especially when there's no cars on there. It's organised by a German bike magazine, go to the motorrad action team website for info. You can use google translate in a seperate tab if you have any trouble.

2. Shame about the short notice because that is something I'd really be interested in doing. Maybe next year.....assuming the ring hasn't been turned into flats by then

3. I always thought that having cars and bikes mixed together on the circuit at the same time was one of the worst things about the 'ring. It's really dangerous. And it would not be difficult to schedule separate hours (or days) for bikes and cars. Bikes only days are a really good idea, but two weeks notice is a bit short.

4. I know, I just got the word myself from one of my friends, I'm going but I don't arrive back in UK until the 20th so I'm hoping I don't get delayed. I can't see it closing, if there's no investors it'll go back to the state to run. Too many manufacturers use it for testing and tourists spend a fortune there.

5. Sounds good, but €99 a lap?! Even with an instructor that is ridiculous

6. 99 euro is for an hour, sorry didn't mention that.

7. Thats not bad then, as you'd get a good few laps in an hour 3 or 4 even with break in between for some coaching

8. Sounds like a great day . I have only ever done the Ring in Car's but never on a bike. There are several Bike only track days during the year which are the way to go far better than mixing it with car's and Bikes
    Have a great time, look forward to the review.

9. Did it two years ago, turned up on the day purely by chance and managed to get an hours slot for five of us, I lived a couple of hours away back then. Fantastic and the best way to ride the circuit with no cars. Normally at the end of each lap you have to come off and then go through the barrier again to do your next lap. At the organised events like this one you just keep going down that huge straight, don't have to stop. I'll get some pictures posted after the event.

10. Yes you did, don't apologise..........:wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information