848 Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Festa, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Anyone fitted this to there 848, is it a noticeable improvement and worth doing.
    Thanks

2. Yes, i fitted one to my 848Evo, then my first 1098R and now to my second and current 1098R. Much better all round. I did also fit Brembo RCS master cylinders which also helped a lot. Well worth doing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. As he said ^^, it makes the clutch lighter to operate at the lever which does wonders for the muscles and joints in your left hand ! Plus it doesn't detract from the operation of the clutch. Win win.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I fitted one to my 1198SP, it solved the problem of the leaking original and improved the operation and feel of the otherwise standard slipper clutch.
    Tom.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Is the part number CLU-0116 correct for a 2010 848?
    Cheers
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. i fitted one to an 899, as above, all good, but i noticed a change after 50 odd miles, i bled it 3 or 4 times (by taping lever to bar and undoing the nipple), no change so i put new washers on all round, master too which fixed it, a big improvement

• Like Like x 1
  7. great but their anodizing leaves a lot to be desired....my red one has completely faded so id suggest an alloy colour one..

As a matter of reference my 8 year old orange anodized chinese levers on my z1000 have not faded atall...

#9 comfysofa, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information