Oberon clutch slave

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Stebinners, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Anyone fitted one of these? Do they really make the clutch much lighter?

2. Yes, but you can also take 2 clutch springs out and that helps too.....

3. Oh how do I take the springs out? Out of the actual clutch?

4. Steb.....take the clutch cover off...you will find only 3 of the allen bolts hold it on,,,I think, those at 11 o'clock, 4o'clock and 6o'clock, and there you will see the pressure plate with 6 springs and bolts holding it in place. Choose any two that are directly opposite to each other and remove them by undoing the allen bolts holding the bobbin and spring in place. If you ever choose to replace them, finger tighten the allen bolts then just nip them up...the alloy posts on the hub that they are threaded into have a nasty habit of snapping off if you only slightly overtighten them......hope that helps......

5. I love my Oberon :smile:

Works well and genuinely lights the clutch :upyeah:

6. Thanks all!

7. Am I being really stupid but clutch cover on monster must have changed as it is all in one with the right hand engine casing? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341942939.995469.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341942939.995469.jpg

8. It's a wet clutch like on the 848, by the looks of that.

9. Certainly is ! Lol

10. Just pop a performance slave on the other end!

The Oberon one's come with a lifetime guarantee too, not well advertised but documented on their web site.

11. oberons do work great on dry clutch bikes

found it too light (no feel) on the s2r 800 with wet clutch

12. Yup, Oberon on my 848 and it looks, works and is generally brilliant.

13. I've just had a Sigma slave cylinder fitted to my 848 and it makes a huge difference. I'm suffering from tendonitis at the elbow of my left hand and the new, light-weight clutch action is a vast improvement. The Sigma isn't as 'bling' as the Oberon but is the same sort of price and seems to work equally well.

14. Got an MPL on my 1098. Works great and had no issues. MPL have them for auction on Flea Bay so you might be able to pick one up cheap, not sure, linky below anyway, about 8 hours to go

Clutch slave cylinder for Ducati 748-998, 749-999 1098 1198 | eBay

Just thought I'd pop up an alternate, I do believe some of them are slightly lighter/longer pull than others it depends on the slave diameter.

John

15. Your right....it does just John.

16. Just received updated Oberon. Fitted it a lot lighter on the hands!

17. Got one on my 2009 hyper and cant fault it. Also fitted with a slipper clutch

Do Not Sell My Personal Information