Ok Fight Fans - Best Ever Boxing Punch?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Andy Bee, Aug 22, 2022.

1. I'll start things off with the classic Marciano v Walcott KO. As a little preamble Marciano was unbeaten when he came in to the fight, Walcott floored him in the first and by the 13th he had taken some punishment and was down on two of the judges cards.

And then bam!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 7
  3. Mike Tyson for me but im not as old as some of you wrinkly old bastards on here.

4. Did you read the first comment "In the interview after this fight, the guy asked Fury about punching himself, and Fury replied...."that was the best shot I've ever been hit with"" :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Summat like this you mean...

• Like Like x 1
  6. ive never seen anyone else I’d least like to step in a ring with as “prime Tyson”. Horrible dangerous nasty street rat who didn’t give a fk.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Yep, I was gonna say that one. Right hand high on his forehead. That noise it made o_O

Another that springs to mind is Hearns on Duran…. :astonished:

8. And Alvarez Canelo on Amir Khan… ooft…

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. This vid shows the real deal. Some of it might not appeal to everyone, just skip to 3.00mins. Boxing fans watch the entire thing.

Late in the vid the dodging punches is beyond anything ever... 10.29

#9 Jez900ie, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah I know the one you mean when Duran was on the ropes & went down like the proverbial. Hearns with his fast hands and better reach was all over him from the off in that fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ali had a terrible habit of keeping his right hand low which made him susceptible to left hooks. Something that both Frazier & Cooper exploited.

#11 Andy Bee, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Pacquiao's left hook KO of Ricky Hatton.

And for balance, Marquez's KO of Pacquiao

• Like Like x 1
  13. I understand that Tyson may have been the harder hitting, trained killer, thug 4 life blah blah blah...
    But blimey, Marciano knocking out walcott is a different level.
    Walcott was actually unconscious for a few seconds...
    The only time I saw a tyson punch do that was to Smokin Joe Frazers son, and even then; not like the Marciano punch.
    I think that deserves the title as the most deadly K.O. for me anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I don’t like to compare across generations as it’s apples and oranges but I genuinely believe that Mike Tyson in his prime was the best boxer in history.

the power and sheer determination of the man before Don King ruined him was something you have to respect.

He was an animal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I was lucky enough to meet “Our Henry” when the company I was working for booked him as an after dinner speaker. Must have been late 80’s and I was responsible for getting him to the venue & back to his hotel. It’s been said before but he was an absolute gent. He traded off that punch for years.

16. Yeah I forgot about the Hatton ko. I remember thinking for a moment he was done for. What a shot :astonished:

17. Tyson was sensational when he burst onto the scene. I doubt we’ll ever see the like again. The power and speed for a big man. I wouldn’t fancy a crack of him today either o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. He was fighting almost monthly then too, and although a lot of the early oppos were just punchbags after a purse, he still went through them like a dose of salts. He seems like a complex guy, full of contradictions - in the early days, he would knock someone spark out but be genuinely concerned for their welfare and almost apologetic, then he turned nasty for a while, but seems to have found some inner peace nowadays. I still wouldn’t get into a ring with him even if I was armed with a machine gun - have you seen the videos he posts now and again of him hitting the heavy bag? Scary…..

Yep. The way he was gulping for air like a landed fish looked very worrying and made me think he had a brain bleed. The only way that punch could have been more perfect would’ve been if that prick Mayweather had been the recipient rather than poor old Ricky.

#18 Zhed46, Aug 23, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. GGG’s brutal liver shot on Macklin

Canelo’s very similar and scary KO of Smith.

:confounded:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Any knock out where the unfortunate fighter hits the canvas face first, is a bad one. They’re out cold as they fall. o_O I’ll stick to my day job….

Do Not Sell My Personal Information