Old To New Supersport Comparison

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Vader, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Just thought I’d post a little comparison.

I’ve recently traded in my 17 plate SS for a new 950S

I’ve only done about 80 miles, picked it up 2 weeks ago, rode it home then had to go off for work for 2 weeks so today is the first ride.

Dash is better, I like how it switches to night mode
    Ride is better, don’t know if that’s because it’s new or because of the Ohlins, probably both.
    Seat is better, more firm
    Clutch is better being hydraulic over cable.
    Looks better, more “Panigale-ish”
    The biggest and best tho is the different fairing, I’ve just done 2500 on my old SS going to Italy and back, when in hot traffic and the fans come on they would direct hot air to your inner thigh! The re designed fairing directs this air away. I was in some traffic today and the fans came on, didn’t feel any hot air blowing in my. That in itself has made the upgrade worth it.
    IMG_6918.jpeg IMG_6911.jpeg IMG_6913.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nice. My '17 supersport S was almost unbearable and painful in textiles on this year's roadtrip in very hot weather. The cable clutch was ok when warm, but no feel and was I always stalling it when cold.
    I did 8k on it in 18months and liked it but a few issues meant it had to go. I'd like to try the new version, but they are bloody expensive!

3. Had my other sport for 3.5 years, did 14K miles on it, fuel sender and quick shifter issues was all I had. Loved the bike, did some big trips on it hence the upgrade to the new one. I’ve only managed about. 70 miles so far but loving it already.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information