Featured Online Competitions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iang27, Oct 10, 2024 at 11:38 AM.

1. IMG_3777.jpeg How many enter these online competitions to win a bike/car etc ?
    I have tried a couple of times but you never seem to hear of someone you know winning and it made me think are the ‘winners’ friends of the competition people who say they have won when they actually haven’t.

My option changed this week when my 20 year old bought 3 instant win tickets at £1.50 each. 2 of them were ‘Sorry, you haven’t won this time’ but the 3rd one said ‘Congratulations, you have won a car’
    My son thought it was dodgy still but he then got an email and a call to confirm he had actually won a car.
    Turned out to be a Nissan 370Z which was fantastic but other cars were a Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW, Audi.
    Got delivered a couple of days ago and sold yesterday as he has just bought a new car.
    Good profit for £4.50 !

• Like Like x 14
  2. Friend of mine won a £2.5 million house plus £100k to spend on it.
    Cost him 100 quid.

• Like Like x 7
    • WTF WTF x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Beautiful car and it’s a Nismo edition too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Yes it is, some engine on it

IMG_3833.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. IMG_3834.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  6. Lovely that is, I have the older 350z which spends its life in the garage under a cover. I really should use it more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
  7. There was a chap on here a year or so ago selling a panigale he’d won and didn’t want. Never bothered myself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1

8. Did he move in or sell it?

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. A friend of mine has won twice. A BMW R90T and a 1200 Multistrada. The Multi he sold as his legs aren't long enough, the R90T he still has.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Met a guy at a workplace who won 2 Superbikes first 1 he sold as he hadn’t a bike licence and used the money toward a deposit on a house purchase.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. If you walked in the bookies and saw a horse with odds of 6000/1 (and more) how many of you would stick a hundred quid on it? Madness imho, although fair play to those that win.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. The ex parts manager, David (yes he was called David!) at Ducati Manchester won a SP1 a few years back. His ticket cost £23 if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Sold it as it was miles away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I won £7.24 on the Euromillions last week.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Don’t you go too crazy spending all that.

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. 6000 to 1 is rather good odds compared to the lottery for example:
    45,057,474 to 1 (Lotto)
    139,838,160 to 1 (EuroMillions)
    15,339,390 to 1 (Set For Life)
    8,060,597 to 1 (Thunderball)
    Plenty of people spend their money on that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Lucky lad! Love those Nissans.
    Great topic and interesting to see how many people have actually won.
    I was always dubious and thought they were all scams, but one night after a few whiskeys decided I needed a new portable usb powerbank for my phone - saw that a company called Revcomps had one in their latest draw with a chance to win one for about £2.50. I duly entered without really reading much else and Hey Presto got an email next day to say I had won.
    Expecting it to drop through the letterbox that week, then got emails from DPD saying my 20kg package was on its way!!!
    Turned out to be an Anker Solix powerbank which were over £1000 at the time :p Still use the bloody thing in my van, but no good for slipping in your pocket on the plane!
    Lesson - don't gamble whilst drunk, and always read the small print.

Had a few flutters on bikes and cars with Revcomps since but won nowt else, I put it down to beginner's luck.

A friend won a brand new motorhome a few years ago on a similar site, and a mate's son has now won 2 x cars with another company including an £80,000 Audi RS6 plus 10k.
    Allegedly he spends £30 a week on them instead of the Lottery.

This thread has made me check my Lottery, and with 2 x Lotto's and 2 x Euromillions each week set to auto renew we've been spending £18 a week on it for over 10 years and won naff all.
    Food for thought? :thinkingface:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Ha fair shout, the lottery is £2 though. How many people have a spare hundred quid to take those sort of odds? As I said not for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I don’t do the lottery either :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Omaze? They are the only ones I occasionally have £20 on

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1