P&h - No Longer A Ducati Dealer?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Duncan22, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Seems P&H are no longer an authorised Ducati Dealer - apologies if this is old news, but can anyone confirm or have further info?
    Shame as the few times I've used them (new to Ducati ownership) it was a good experience.
    The Ducati Website still has them featured!!
    Ducati Alton seem to be the closest but still a 40 mile trip 1 way trip.
    Thanks
    D

2. Their KTM franchise is huge, maybe there is a conflict these days…..

3. Can’t answer your question, but Snells are excellent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Someone did tip me off that's the case a few weeks back, also there's a "possibility" a new dealer being setup behind the Harley dealership in Lower Dicker on the A22.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. P&H probably doesn’t look fancy enough, so trying to get new dealers set up that look more VAG

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. If you can avoid going anywhere near Crawley the better in my opinion.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. They have lost their franchise since end of June or July I think. Parts availability stops from September if I recall correctly.

DUCATI has a new policy "apparently" and they insist on Solus dealerships now. P&H's strength is their size and variety of machines available... so it's a shame DUCATI have made this decision. The only people that lose out, are the punters. PRO-TWINS is the obvious local alternative, but they are a bit out of the way to get to. And have no-way they workshop capacity. So I think getting booked is going to be a challenge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. P&H are/were my closest Ducati dealer - never used them for anything but getting parts but it is a pity if they will soon no longer be available for even that.
    No chance in hell that I would use the other option in Godstone…

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Just keep your helmet on when passing through the Lion's den.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. This policy must be UK only then, as a lot of the dealers in Europe are multi franchise affairs.

11. I wonder where this leaves Laguna Performance Centre in Ashford? Currently Ducati, KTM and Kawasaki all under one roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. …. other dealers are multi franchise but have Ducati Norwich branding for example, J&L in Carlisle another. And I’d hardly call Blade Ducati Oxford a Solus dealer when next door is Honda and Harley, just a partition wall in a huge industrial unit.

13. Bear in mind this is what I was told. Heard one side of the story. I can confirm they seemed pretty cheesed off about it. It's left me in a bit of a pickle as they are supposed to be putting a new engine into my Streetfighter under warranty and it's taking some time (!)

14. KTM now own 25% of MV Agusta with an 'alleged' plan to increase this further over the coming months/years.
    OOI MV are also in the process of firing most of their dealers - Alfs in Worthing has just 'lost' or decided not to 'invest' in MV!! Go figure.
    Both companies seem to be ignoring their customer base with lack of info and no clear Dealer strategy or comms plan.

15. BMG in Richmond, my MV guys have been tinned although I still take the F4S there for service.
    MV London didn’t last long in Sloane Avenue :confused: and are now in Vauxhall where I think MC City used to be. They are especially useless.

16. It only seemed a short time ago that Alfs opened up their new MV showroom.They are now going to use the space for their new link with BSA.

17. In my ownership of an MV, over only a couple of years, the dealer situation was tenuous at best. My two nearest ones folded and the other options within reasonable distance had poor reputations. Wound up going to MotoCorsa down near Shaftesbury, they've since gone to the wall but we're bought out by employees though this seems to have fallen flat too. There's now an MV dealer closer than ever in Staverton, only about 4 miles away... Doubt if they'll last long there TBH.

18. yeah I was in a similar situation as you have been. completely are okay, but very new. Where the motocorsa guys scored well is that they actually had some tenure so understood issues likely to come up, and understood the product.

19. haven't had an MV since I bought a grey import 750 when they first resurrected the brand back in about 2000. loved it and had it for about 5 years (even went touring in Spain on it!!) but oh my god the problems with those very early bikes (including rear wheel bearings failing just as I was about to get on the Ring :eek:) and absolutely no dealer network except the importer 3Cross. but early Ducati love must have been creeping in; after few years even had it sprayed Ducati yellow and gold :D
    DSC00261.JPG

#19 Fraser, Jul 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. [QUOTE="Fraser, post: absolutely no dealer network except the importer 3Cross.
    View attachment 298338 [/QUOTE]

3X were hardly a highlight of customer care

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information