899 Paddock Stand For 899..........which One?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by FellZebra, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Please could you recommend a paddock stand for use with my 899. The dealer wanted me to have a Ducati one (surprisingly enough!), but there's plenty cheaper ones out there; not too cheap though- don't want it to fail.
    Also whats your knack for getting the bike on it when on your own? Do you use a block under the sidestand to get it something like level, or hold it upright with a front wheel chock?
    Ta in advance for the replies

2. Get yourself some cotton reels / bobbins that fit in to the holes on the swing arm - it's easier & safer with these in place then purchase a stand with the cups to lift these, R&G do one which is reasonably priced. I've got a ducati one which I got cheap second hand on eBay-well built & does the job nicely.
    I lift mine on my own just make sure the front wheel is turned to the left (stand side) then with one hand on the bike & one on the paddock stand I level the bike & lift.
    Hope this is useful.

3. Ta mapper899, I'll have a look at R&G

4. I'm getting my 899 at the weekend and need a paddock stand as the ABBA stand I have needs the lower fairing removed.

Harris seem to do nice stainless and aluminium ones which are well built, and I'm after something solid, I've used cheap stands in the past and they are scary. The DP one seems very over priced.

I've ordered the R&G bobbins already.

I've also been looking at the front wheel chock ones too.

Liam

5. Harris looks a well made item too.
    Will def. be using in connjuction with bobbins as opposed to just under swingarm type.

Yeah the Abba stand looked a great bit of kit, until I realised that it wont fit without removing the fairing

6. You can get the lower fairing off in very little time / hassle.
    Seems a good trade off for a good stable position.

7. You don't need to buy £40 paddock stand bbbins I bought a nice plain black set on ebay for £6 and work perfectly (Although it's a bit dusty in the photo). Most double sided paddock stands will work im using the same one that I used on my K7 GSXR.

2014-09-17 18.10.54.jpg

8. The Harris one should work well. I have an R+G one that I use the most and although it does wobble a bit it's fine. Just be mindful to try and test before you buy to make sure there is enough ground clearance, my other stand that I use on the 749 fits the 899 but doesn't quite lift the rear wheel enough. Can be a problem if you want to fit tyre warmers.

9. I have a Harris alloy stand but use my old 1098 single sided stand, it just needs the spindle machined down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. WTF is that a typo, 400 odd euros for a stand. I'd rather lie it on its side to change my wheels.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I've just ordered a Harris one, not cheap but not €400 either :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the responses. I'll not be going too cheap, but also cant justify 400 euros either.
    Had been warned about making sure it goes high enough, so yeah I'll have a measure up.
    Will get one sorted this w/end
    Ref the Abba stand, yeah I know that the lower fairing is easy to remove, but I want a stand thats quick and easy, removing lower fairing goes away from that a bit. I have however heard of lower fairings being cut away slightly to allow it to fit. Its not much to cut out, but its not for me though!

13. Harris stand delivered yesterday, not put bike on it yet, but looks a quality piece of kit

14. I also got my Harris stand delivered yesterday, lovely well made bit of kit. I have the R&G cotton reels and it works very nicely, the Harris stand is just wide enough and the bike it nice and secure once up on it.

Liam

Do Not Sell My Personal Information