For Sale Panigale 1199r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Matty R, Dec 26, 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  1. The standard exhaust is titanium but still retains the cats and flapper valve so you can just change the end cans.

I'd go for the modded one if it were me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. As above.
    The Derby one has been upgraded nicely with DP kit (rear sets, levers, fuel cap, tail tidy) plus the full system (which should carry upmap) and BST wheels.
    No competition imho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. +1 for Derby, I had BST's on a KTM SDR1290, they make so much difference.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Are they both mk1 R? Derby bikes looks like may be a mk2 with the tank ?

5. Both gen 2 R’s mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Both mk 2s mate

7. I thought so for the age but one looked like std tank in the couple of pics I looked at.

I’d taken the derby one too

8. I remember when I was hooning about quite a bit at the weekends with the old 675 crew down in Kent and one of the guys bought one of the first 1199’s to land on these shores . We had a ride out it was pissing with rain it got covered in shit but it still looked amazing. As soon as I saw it I was smitten (more than the 899 when that came out later)
    I never got one because I only ride on roads though and was told it was a bit of an animal lol.

Probably my favourite ever looking production sports bike ever. Especially once modded (properly).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Of those two I’d go Norwich. I have bought from them (Seastar) before and it was painless. Good guys.
    Most critical on all these bikes is history, specifically service history.

Having said all that the bike with BST wheels would still be my choice. Just haggle hard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Agree with those favouring the Derby R. For £1500 over usual dealer price you’re getting private plate, carbon wheels and lower miles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Another vouch for Seastar/Norwich bought my first 899 from them and it was an absolutely faultless experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. And the race cans

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I didn't have a favorable experience with Seastar when I purchased my R. All I will say is check everything and check again. Despite finally acknowledging the wrong doings, they made mistakes after mistake in managing the event or rather mismanaging the event. Zero confidence.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. If you do a search for sea star some of the reviews aren’t favourable.

15. A bit like as reported on this thread then. Two good experiences, one bad. :innocent:
    I px’d a bike with them against a used Tuono and it was straightforward and pleasant. Never used their after sales at all.

16. The one I read seemed to lean more in the opposite direction than this.

17. Can't comment on sea star, never used them

But, if you search any company, you will always find some negative reviews for them

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The one with all the mods looks the tastiest, if it's to be used on the road you might want to get a few insurance quotes first. When I bought my 1199 I had to go standard as ones with "Race cans" & carbon wheels limited who would quote.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information