Panigale V4s 2024 Tyre Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by carson, Jan 13, 2024.

1. I'm looking at new tyres for the Panigale V4 as my Metzeler K3s are needing replaced. Been using K3s on the road since 2019, firstly on S1000RR, R1M and now the V4. They've been great in the dry but not so good when it's cold and wet. I don't go out in the cold/wet if I can help it though and just wondering if there's a better alternative available now like the RS11 or Supercorsa SP V4?

Any other recommendations?

2. I can recommend Rosso IV Corsa's for road use in mixed weather, they've never let me down in wet or dry conditions. Much less sensitive to the cold IMO too

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michelin Power 5 ,fast warm up ,fast tip in and more grip than you will ever need for the road or trackday. They are also releasing a power 6 very soon .

4. Another vote for Rosso 4 Corsa here; great grip and long-lived.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can’t think of a tyre that suits the Panigale and does cold, rain and mileage. It’s the nature of the beast. Not my favourite but you could try the Sportec M9RR, you just need to do the tyre calibration as it’s a 200/55. Andy

6. Not looking for a tyre to do cold rain or mileage to be honest. Just looking for ideas on what’s out there that’s an improvement on the K3s these days for the V4

7. I’m a dyed in the wool, Metzeler fan boy, the K3 is my go-to track tyre, the M7RR is my all time favourite road tyre. Although I didn’t think the M9RR was a better tyre, I know a couple of forum contributors really like them. The latest generation Continental Race Attack get good feed back but I’ve no experience of them. If you like what you’ve got, IMO, stick with it ….. I do :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. @carson, why the ‘dislike’ ? Andy

9. sorry mate, fat fingers and on the phone

10. I run M9RR and rate them, warm up really quick and great feel on lean

• Like Like x 1
  11. Another vote for Rosso 4 Corsa, I ran them on 1299s, brilliant on the road, and cope with a reasonable pace on track.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey Rob, mine came with supercorsa’s as OE. I used them up on track ‘running it in’ so to speak. I can only vouch for dry conditions but I found them superb!

* Christ, that was nearly six years ago… :astonished: forget that ^^ there’ll be better stuff now….

• Like Like x 1
  13. I run supercorsa front, rosso 4 corsa rear. I tried the rosso front but prefer the feel of the supercorsa, getting 300 Miles more from the rosso rear over the supercorsa and can’t see any downside for fast road use

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information