Panni with a clear throut

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Goody, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Re-call bits done on 600 mile service and the fully termi race system on makes Goody a happy bunny.
    Get the first bus to Seastar, arrives 15 min before opening but better that than 15 after. I get walked through all the bits that they have done and Id have to say its pretty good customer service. Only cost £150 approx. change my small plate for the dinner tray and don the helmet of justice.
    So then.... turning on the ignition with a child-like grin on my chevy chace and ooohhh `RACING EVO` comes on the dash, nice! Fire her up and i feel the earth move. Now its not massively louder than stock, at the mo, but it is deeper more `MANLY`.
    Throw my leg over, in gear and move off. Im not messing about today. shes in race and im gonna ring it, iv waited for this moment like iv been on a promise and im gonna be all over it like a tramp on chips. Adhere to the 40mph and the first thing i notice (apart from the orchestra from beneath me) is how smooth the fueling is, im sat happy in 6th at 40 where before id be in 5th. all the gears felt less labored at low revs and it was more eager to rise. Yes im in race but iv heard people say the fueling and respose was shite.
    Out of the 40 into the national, drop 3 gears and pin............................................................................................... Sorry I just cum in my pants as I relived the rush, no the assault, no the barbaric rape of my hoop as the thumping cylinder pounded my ring, I thought I was gonna poo my pants, cos i could feel the muscles giving in and relaxing, I had to clench! on top of that the ferocious way this thing puts the power down, its like being on a roller-coaster and it does not stop. When it hit the 8k mark.... fuck me..... It is, really is like a stroker...... its like i was on a 400cc and then its gone `have another 1000cc Sir, see how one likes that Sir` The sound bellowing from beneath is nothing less than the war cry of a thousand Zulu warriors, it actually is a shock at first cos, iv never heard anything like it off a Moto GP track, and now im sat on it. The QS is immense, every time u use it IT POPS and the faster and harder ur going the better it sounds. PBARRRP
    Do you know what, I honestly was amazed. Amazed how the fook this thing is legal. its stupid, its dangerous, its its its the fucking tits. i need to get this on a track, if one will let me cos its wasted on the road. its wasted in my, or ur hands. i feel like a street sweeper that somehow pulled Jess Ennis, I know shes too good for me but im gonna get 10/10 for effort.
    It power wheelies effortlessly in 2nd, havent had the minerals to hold on long enough yet in higher gears cos its going faster than iv got used to...yet.
    Race mode sees the rev track change from even spaced every thou to 1-5 being small and tightly packed from 6 upward there is bigger space, I see two reasons, one is so u have more time to take in the blur that is happening as the revs rise and two cos only a poof puts it in race and sits below 6k.
    Iv found to really get this machine in its comfort zone is to treat it like a stroker, use that gearbox, keep it singing at 6/7k and explode into the powerband like the Flash on speed after 8k with the blip of the throttle.
    Iv read people saying its unstable at high speed. in a way yes it is, but its not the bike; its the earthling piloting it that is making it unstable. As iv highlighted the bewildering pace of the 1199, it shows up how much u hold on as it tries to spin the earth backwards under the wheel and so as u lean it into a bend or flick it over while on the gas, that rigidness is translated through the bars. once i realized how precise and sensitive it is and got more used to the surge of power, and relaxed, the skittishness disappeared. On another bike, this rider flaw would not show. So if u find this happen to u remember grip with the legs not the arms - same principle as a tank slap tell ya self.
    I tried it back in sport to see how much difference it made and instantly put it back in race. Its an insult to not have it in race. Now the throttle responsive is finite, so hitting bumps can make it jolt and so u may think its crap fueling but its ur right hand not the bike. Id say for those who say its crap in town or bimbling, put it in sport or even wet to soften the bike up and it will be more happy going slow and wont feel so ridged or jittery rolling around at 20-30 mph! problem solved.
    Yesterday I let my mate have a go on the way back from a ride, i hoped on his R1. It felt old tech and it had no feeling. worse was I couldnt hear it. But oh how I could hear my bike and it made me realize that i want no other bike. If u can part with the money for the full system then treat yourself, u will be happy!
    I dont know what else I can say other than this is a magical machine. Id like to let everyone have a ride cos unless u have experienced the 1199s with full termi ABOVE 8k on the revs and pinned that throttle letting the bike turn u into a giggling, gurning, adrenalin junky then you really dont know what a motorbike can really be. Whether u want one or not, why not book a test ride to see what its all about and `RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT`:biggrin:

2. Great write up. Hope your anus has recovered

3. Not sure he quite likes the bike yet :-D

Like your expressions though

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice write up, as always, Boss. Got to have a full system with Ducati sportsbikes, it's criminal not to. My Tricolore should arrive this month (maybe next) and I've already ordered a full Termignoni system (end cans included with the bike) and lots of carbon goodies. Can't wait !

5. Cheers dude, are u getting all DP carbon or after market? Had you thought about selling the slip ons and putting the cash to the race system? Could prob shift them for a grand plus the dollar ud be spending for the manifold it wouldnt cost much more. I wanted the Tricolour but they`d sold their quote for the yr and wasnt gonna wait.
    Iv been looking around for aftermarket parts, not a lot about and no one do the DP satin finish so if I put any bits on id have to do the fender as well. Strange then that the carbon heat shield for the pipes is slightly on the gloss side ! I know their game they want me to replace it with a satin finish. Bet you cant wait to get it?

6. I may copy/paste in future threads completely out of context because on its own the mind boggles

• Like Like x 1

7. I have a feeling I will not hear the end of this

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haha, its gonna haunt u for a very long time. As to that...yes it has :wink:

9. Great report Goody.get it on track mate.power wheelies in third the same as second but between 110-120mph then settles down .at rev limiter showing about 135mph.dont know what top speed is in 4th as i didnt dare to look at clocks (all on track of course).just been out on it for an hours blast.still feel the adrenaline 1/2hr later. what a machine. the panigale may not be the all out fastest in the world in the superbike tests but i reckon its the most fun money can buy .remember when the LC350 came out in the 80's - well multiply the fun factor by 3 and your about there.The sound even from the standard exhaust is real OOOHH=ERR loud. It'll take a BIG BIG person to tame one but at the same time its dead easy to ride at not so manic revs

10. Its not about the top end speed though and how often can u do it. When iv read the reviews iv wondered maybe BMW hav paid off the mag to say the S1000R is the better bike. They cant say its the price really cos the base is 14k something, not much more than the BMW. We all know which is the better bike.
    What track did u get it on coop mate? It would be so nice to be on one, free to ride it how its meant to be.
    I dont think it`l take a big person to tame it, just a person with muchos maracas, at least the size of King kongs on the road at least

11. My bike has the cry of less than a thousand Zulu Warroirs.

Is there a DP kit that can give me more, along with something that will make me pull Pippa Middleton?

Not interested in the cum-in-pants or ring rape performance parts though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information