Payout / Agreed Value

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by gaz92, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Insurance is up in about a month and I am just looking for new quotes. I know everyone is going to different, my situation is - late 50's, just got bike back on road last year so only 1 years no claims, 1992 900 SS, totally rebuilt.

Bennets has gone up fro approx £117 last year (which I thought reasonable) to £190.
    Just got quoted Carol Nash £260 off their web site. edit. (Just looked at my quotes from confused.com and they quoted me £165)
    I have swinton at about £110 with no excess.

But my main question and or concern is what happens if the bike gets stolen. Previously I put the bikes value at £7000. I know that might seem high but to get the same bike even (if I could find one) and get it back to same condition with all engine work and replacement parts I don't think would be far off.

I heard Cornmarket mentioned a while ago on here and they have just quoted £167 (with KGM) agreed £7000, 1500 annual mileage, but need to send photos in, oh and zero no claims discount which they said was standard on classic bike policy.

If anything happens I don't want to be going round in circles getting a decent / fair payout.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be apreciated if in similar situation.

One more thing which I will check with any insurer - I said no modificaitions, it is totally standard but I have put on Bikini fairings. It did come with a full fairing and presume this could constitute a modication.

Cheers Gaz

#1 gaz92, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  2. At that age, you might want to look at a classic insurer such as footman james (others available).

They are much more relaxed about non-standard bikes and you can insure for an agreed value that they say they will pay out if it gets stolen or written off. From my experience, they only require 4 photos of the bike and what you think it is worth. You can put a fairly strong estimate on this and they don't quibble.

That said, I haven't actually claimed on an agreed value estimate, but according to their policy wording, once they have agreed a valuation with you, you should receive that in a total loss claim.

3. Geoffrey,
    Yes they said they wanted 4 photos and it was a classic policy with KGM. I thought I did try Footman James last year but will give them another try thanks.

Cheers Gaz

Do Not Sell My Personal Information