1260 Price Jump From A 1260 To A V4....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pcn1, Feb 15, 2024.

1. I paid a dealer £14.K for a 2 year old 1260 S touring with 2000 miles on the clock back in 2021.

To buy a 2 year old Multi V4S touring bike with 2000 miles form a dealer (e-bay adds) is £20,000+.

I might get £12K maybe px on mine now, maybe less.

No doubt its great bike (hope to get a loaner for the day when mines in for the cam belts next month) but its probably to big a price jump for me. Even if I had the money, Id be thinking of buying a 3rd bike instead !!

Is the price putting anyone else off from making the move ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. You can almost get a new one from a dealer for £20k. I would have thought.

3. Residuals on used bikes aren't great, especially if the model has been superseded, even more so with a dealer rather than a private sale. 12k for a 2019 1260 as a trade-in? How much is one from a dealer for same age/mileage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. As a guide my 1200s was 2yrs old when I traded and best I could get was 9k. Was 17 new iirc.

5. Honestly... Unless there is a bit of tech you really want such as dynamic cruise control or the twin really isn't for you, the upgrade isn't worth that cash. At least in my opinion.

#5 freshage, Feb 15, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I saw an add for exact bike as mine with same miles etc for £14k, so just knocked off £2k. Maybe I'm miles out.
    I'm not looking to sell, just doing man math's and working the figures if I did.
    Maybe its my working class roots, I thought K14.5 was a lot of money for a bike when i bought mine, I'd really struggle to justify to myself a £20K bike.
    I guess i just don't live in that world :astonished:

Wish i did :joy:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. At least you haven’t fallen in love with an RS!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think there is a big percentage of the high price bikes going on pcp with the buyers never intending on paying the final payment....just renting them really. That's not for me but I guess it suites quite a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. And therein lies the the biggest reason why new bikes and cars are so expensive, so many people just put them on PCP, the only thing that is important to them, is the cost of the monthly payment, and they can have a new bike every 3/4 years, manufacturers must love it :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Yeah thats the issue, just been chatting with a dealer about a Pani V4 SP2 and he knew the PCP figures off top of his head, but when I said what are the HP's he looked somewhat confused and had to get calculator out, felt like he almost questioned if I was sane or not!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I used to ride with a guy who used too buy his bikes solely on how much the monthly payment was, he literally had twenty odd bikes in the time I knew him,none worth a rub,,,, dealers must have loved him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. if you think a dealer is going to offer you 12k for your bike as a trade in deal I think your going to get a big shock ... 10k if your lucky depending on mileage and condition :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. My 1260s is now in its seventh year.
    Economically there is no justification in changing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. £12k is very very optimistic. I’d say £9-£10k max.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I’d agree it’s somewhere in that region too

16. Do you want to change your bike or not and can you afford to? This is the question only you can answer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just been reading this thread. I can easily afford to change my 1200dvt. However I just don't see value for money with the price of new bikes/cars.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I've never px'ed anything before so my figure was just a guess (always sold private)
    That figure makes the jump up even higher !
    Anyway, this was all just the a "what if" scenario. I'll be keeping my 1260 at least another year !!

• Like Like x 1
  19. You can get better deals than that for sure ... mine was from a dealer : V4S Full + LED lights + Tracker, 18 months old, 1200 miles, £18k

I shopped around quite a bit but didn't see them - but it is the wrong time of year for selling.

20. I'm in the same camp as many here. Even if I had the money, I can't see any value in trading any bike that hasn't even had its first desmo.
    The price differential is just nuts. Credit abuse is a major problem. Although I may get flamed for saying it, you have to be financially illiterate to use credit on a non-productive asset...especially one that depreciates rapidly.
    If you really can't suppress your urge to buy a new bike, at least borrow from your stock portfolio where you can write-off your interest expense.

#20 DarR, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information