R1 to 848 evo or 1198

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by metalpal, Jul 5, 2012.

1. hi trading in my 2010 r1 thi wkend but cant make my mind up to either get a new 848 evo or a 1198 any suggestions pls.

2. Go ride them both.....

3. I would say it is just down to which ever one you like the "feel" of, and as above if you can ride both i would.

4. Coming from an R1 you're going to think the 848 is slow so my guess is the 1198 if you ride them both, in real terms both will be great bikes.

You don't own the Rossi Desmo R1 rep do you? LOL

5. I've ridden an 848 for the past 4 years and never found it lacking in power, whereas some of my mates say the1198 is just too fast for the road. Even on an 848 you have to keep an eye on the speedo because it is so deceptively fast. I think you may find the 848 more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would rather have a bike that i feel i am pushing reasonably close to it's limits than one that feels way better and faster than i will ever be. Far more fun to be had that way, IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride um both mate and I will bet you go for the 848. When I went for mine I test rode a rsv4 that they had in and sh1t myself lol the 848 needs you to ride it not just stop and go fast :)

8. I had an aprilia RSV, before my Ducati and had only ever ridden 1098's, that's why I decided to get one......till I borrowed an 848, and it made me smile.
    It just sweeps the bends and tips in soo much nicer.

So much so the search was then on for an 848 not a 1098.

Slower than a 1098 hell yeah on paper and pointing and squirting, but in the real world and real roads, in the right hands I'm not too sure.

#8 XxAnthxX, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  9. cheers all, well got a test ride 2moz on the 1198, already been out on the 848 which was perfect until the salesman said for £500 more i could have the 1198. mmmmmm

10. I went from an R1 to an 848EVO and I am very happy.

Not only will you save a load on insurance but for 99% of the time you wont notice the difference. I have passed pleanty of 1198's and a 1098R on the track on the 848 so it comes down to how you ride as to which one is faster...

• Like Like x 1
  11. well 1198 it is and i luv it, pick it up sat if weather ok haa haa.

12. Best of luck with the new bike. I have to say for only a £500 difference over the 848 it sounds like a great buy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information