848 Race Seat Unit Versus Oem Seat On Track?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ScottyM, Mar 22, 2024.

1. So.. I have just fitted a CRC fairings race seat unit, the one with its own dedicated foam seat pad to my 848 track bike. It’s about 30mm higher at the front and rear of seat pad compared to the standard seat.
    I know it’s down to personal preference and bike set up, but can anyone share any experience of both seats on track for a fairly short(5ft 8), 75kg, balding git like me wobbling around in the fast group?:joy:
    I suppose the answer to my question would be to take both to track and try them, but I’m just curious.

#1 ScottyM, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  2. Had CRC unit on my gixer track bike. Binned it for a Pascal Plast unit that utilised the standard seat. For me the latter was much better. Not the height, just the way the bike felt. Perched up on it rather than plugged into it. Doesn’t help I’m even shorter than you but that did not influence my opinion. It was about feel on the move.

3. Thanks for the info, think I will take both set ups and try it on my next track day.

4. Unlike most sports bikes the Ducati for my body shape anyway doesn't really lend itself to hanging off massively (mainly a problem with the shape of the tank for me at least) so you might find you don't need to hang off in the same way as you might on other regular bikes.
    100% just try a few set ups and see what works for you

• Like Like x 1
  5. This, https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ducati-performance-super-pole-seat-for-1098r-et-al.96086/, is the OE Ducati DP seat which is about 25mm taller than standard which is common for ‘race’ seats. IME with CRC stuff, it’s not easily adjustable and the DP seat is (slightly) more comfortable. Andy

6. Hi Andy.
    I did have a SP seat and regrettably sold it! I remember it being about 20mm taller at the front, and a bit firmer and grippier. Do you still have one for sale?
    Bike is nearly done, just waiting on a rear sprocket to fit the chain. Your fork internals are in and looking lovely.:upyeah:

7. I need to find where I put it but yes, it's still for sale. Hope the forks work well on track. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information