Radial Brembo master cylinder positioning

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JakeL, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Anyone had any experience of fitting a Brembo Radial MC to a 916?

There is not a lot of room for adjustment and the cylinder hits the clocks on full lock. Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers

2. Put the headstock onto the "race setting"

3. Mine dont, but i dont use the massive great standard resevoir. and dont put the headstock in the race setting.

4. get some longer bars.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. This is a serious option...........you could get a pair of accosato ones from Anthonyes' lot or JHP, only about 20 quid or so...

6. Cheers, I was planning on doing this at some point :)

7. Hi andyb, thanks. I take it for that price it's just for the tubes? That's what I thought I might have to do, it was the logical solution. Gonna try the headstock on race first, but just icase that doesn't work do you have a web link or anything where I get them?

Cheers,

8. dont do the race thing theres no need atm

9. thought it was the best setting for handling?

10. you may well of thought wrong.........Are you riding on the road.....

11. Thanks for the links :)

Intrigued about the head angle though. I am riding on the road but I find the steering quite slow, the bike is very stable in a straight line, over the bumps, and mid corner bumps and ripples, but it requires a lot of force to turn in and also to make adjustments mid turn. I also find the forks a bit squishy and they dive quite a lot on braking. All the settings are standard BTW. Obviously I know about sag, and the bike might need a bit more rear preload or a different spring rate to speed up the handling. I've not had time to play around yet though.

12. rear ride height

13. Get suspension set up for your so it behaves correctly, rear ride height as Andy says plus be more assertive with counter steering and use your knees to change direction, eg chicane (ie favourite roundabout ;) )

Do Not Sell My Personal Information