Recommendations For Suspension Service

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by simon Ridley, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Hi all,
    Im after getting my 998s suspension, forks and shock serviced possibly upgraded/re-valved and set up. I find the front end dives way to quickly and all the way. Mainly fast road with the possible track day I have only ever had mx suspension done so im not sure who the go to is.
    Im in east anglia but can obviously post.
    Any recommendations?

Cheers.
    Simon

2. 100% suspension. You can post it and they'll post it back. You can then ride to Snetterton in the spring when they are at a TD and they will dial it in for you. You don't have to be doing a TD

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you are ok to remove forks and shocks, then send them to KTech. I did that on my 998s. I went for an 85N/MM spring and revalve in the rear and a piston kit in the front. KTech can advise. (I'm 84 kg plus kit).
    Depending on what weight you are, the rear is undersprung and the front is over sprung... so it is likely that at least one end will require re-springing.

If you have a BP, the standard rear spring is 75 N/MM, a mono is less. I think the forks are 1.1, which is quite hard, so if it is diving a lot it may have all the preload wound out or not enough compression damping, or need a service or all of the above!

Also, don't forget the steering damper - mine had started to seize up, so I had KTech service that too.

Now the bike is fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im also 84 kg ish and the bike is a mono, I still haven't got this done but I like the sound of the k tech service. Roughly how much would that cost. Pm if you wish.
    thanks. Simon

5. Another option, if you are prepared to remove and post the units, is Kais at:
    https://www.kais-ohlins.co.uk/ .
    I am satisfied with the work they have done for me in the past.
    Good luck,
    Tom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yup Darren in stowmarket:upyeah:........though he is permanently booked

• Like Like x 1
  7. He will turn stuff around via post pretty quickly though, he did an Ohlins shock for me in a week earlier this year

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information