Regular Car Reviews: 1998 Ducati 900ss Cr

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jan 20, 2016.

1. This is an American review really amusing I thought, in case anyone hasn't seen it

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lol, I love the sound of my engine falling apart

3. Here's the original article from 1995
    Song of the Sausage Creature.jpg Song of the Sausage Creature 1.jpg Song of the Sausage Creature 2.jpg Song of the Sausage Creature 3.jpg Song of the Sausage Creature 4.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. I noticed something in the video............

As the title clearly notes the bike is a 'CR' I made a point of looking at the swingarm to see if it is a steel one, as it should be on a CR.

Sho' nuff.......it's a steel swingarm.......so I then had a quick peek for the rear shock............

...and I reckon that's a Showa...........which actually is OK, but on later bikes with the steel swingarms they switched to Sachs Boge rear shocks.......

But I also have an extract from a 93 SS owner's handbook which clearly states the rear shock on the CR is a Sachs Boge, and on the SP version with the ally swingarm it is a Showa.

As I have mentioned before, the Sachs shock should not be fitted to ally swingarms, as the lower shock eye diameter is too large and it can damage / break the swingarm lugs.

5. Al, you are clearly an SS trainspotter

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. I also noticed something in the video.....

I agree with Al's assessment of the swingarm, however I have one of these beasts and mine had a Showa rear shock on it. One other thing I noticed is that this bike has adjustable front forks, CR's didn't.

So it looks like the front end has been modified, or the Ducati parts bin fairy has been at work.

And another thing when are they going to pronounce Ducati properly, it grinds my gears every time I hear it, and one further point to note whilst we all know that ducati's in general are ogasmic,

the fibre one bar plus sound effects is touch crass.

7. They look like IE forks to me, I guess some one wanted to make it heavier and slower!

8. I have a Ducati live on pei canada its a 1998 900FE red ser#ZDM1LC4M9WB026818. It's awesome it found me! it has 32220 km on it and all the maintenance were done to it all paper work and stock exhaust so if you what to see a stock bike i have one. not sure how to send pics but should be abel to figure it out.

9. pic of my bike. and i have the stock graber also.

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. and has stock tool kit under the seat.

11. the cover for the clutch was changed and plates but that's normal.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information