Monster/Monster+ Removing The Dark Colour Change

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Plezier, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Seeing as the tank has got to be repainted after the reapirs to the little bit of damage around the filler and the two cracks in the paint and the dent on the left front of the tank that I think was caused by the switch cluster when it went down some time in the past :-

20240610_191744.jpg

The damage here was done when previous owner pried the filler out of the tank so he could attempt to tackle the rust inside the cracked paint in front of the filler was done when he refitted the filler there is a dent on th front left as mentioned now as to if that happened in the US or here in Bulgaria with the previous owner I do not know. The bars are not original and are wider, too wide for me that's for sure, the new chrome low touring bars should arrive today 28" wide 4" high with a slight pull back so they should be more comfortable.

Now I did not want a Black bike in the first place but thsi was the best that I could find in my budget and it is certainly the best ot of the Four that I looked at it was also a lot cheaper but also knew that it needed money spent on it and by the time it was all sorted it would cost as much as those others.

So have been giving it some thought on colour this got more serious after I asked how it is changed on the registration document here and it seems it's not that hard to get done. No matter the colour selected the Ducati decals will be under lacquer that is a cert! Stuck on like they are on the Dark scheme looks cheap and tacky IMHO! The frame will be left Black just the rear hugger, front mudguard, side pieces and tank will be painted the decals will be Red or Gold as those will suit the two colours that have in mind.

Now I simply love bright Yellow and that was my first thought am also partial to Blue and an Electric Blue is simply beautiful Norton did a 750 Roadster in this colour in the 70's and it was stunning. However the Monster 750 I looked at was Orange, not standard paint I think but it did look good:-

20240531_161908.jpg

20240531_161757.jpg

A nice Orange like this am thinking would look good. Of course this will ruin it's originality but is all honesty it appears that bikers here do not seem to care much about that.

Plezier

Do Not Sell My Personal Information