749 Reset Tool Software Lonelec

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by peter walker, May 20, 2024.

1. hi ,just got the lonelec kit for my 749 to reset service stuff etc, following the instruction as best as i can(not a computer guy) so far i have down loaded the drivers for the cable/box (com 3)i have downloaded the software jpdiag guzzidiag and melcodiag,my question is do i just use the jpdiag for my 749 ,i am hoping when i plug it in the bike the latest lonelec box picks the one i need
    [​IMG]

2. Use either JPDiag or IAWDiag (from Guzzidiag). You need to decide which to use, the LonElec cable will not do it for you. Check out YouTube for ‘how to’ videos.

3. Cheers Chris which would you recommend out of the 2

4. You may find IAWDiag easier to use. You just need to know the 749 uses the IPF2C TPS when you do the settings for the software.

#4 chrisw, May 20, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
  5. cheeers chris ,do i put that in a box on the laptop or select from drop down

6. so i can open guzzidiag but cant find my bike on the bike drop down?? is it too new for my 749 or can i use another bike on the list,willl guzzi diag let me reset service indicator

7. If you are using Guzzidiag then perhaps the clue is in the name of the software you are using as to why you cannot find a Ducati listed.

If you use IAWDiag from Guzzidiag then you will find the setting you require in the 'Preferences'. There is no setting for a particular Ducati. You need to know which ECU your bike has and which TPS (In your case 59M = IPF1C 5AM= IPF2C) . As a rule of thumb, prior to 2004 the IAW59M was fitted and post 2004 the IAW5AM was fitted.

8. Hi Chris thanks so much for replying, I have got into guzzi diag and have iaw 5ampf2c showing in the ecu info box, ignition on and it’s showing various values, I thought I could go to actors and reset service ind but it doesn’t seem to show it in the list

9. So got not jpdiag connected and can see info, go to tests/reset found derive reset fed service box with grey service reset button in it but doesn’t seem to active??? Have I done something wrong

10. If you use JPDiag with an IAW5AM ECU then you need a free licence in order to make it fully functional. Use the copy button to dump your ECU details, cancel the auto-mail and paste the info in a post here.

11. Will do Chris really appreciate your patience
    Going to try downloading the iawdiag see if I can use that , ad mentioned me and tech struggle

12. Ok Chris update got the iawdiag down loaded and service ind now off , thanks again for your time now a happy chap , just need to see if it starts ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information