1199 Rizoma Rear Sets

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Vaio, May 7, 2014.

1. Anyone fitted them to an 899 or 1199 and if so, are they difficult to fit and what's your opinion on them. Pics would be useful....

2. Nev749Bip has them fitted, just seen them in his 'Carbon Heat Shield Thread'. look lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just had a look; yep, they look the dog's...just wondering how difficult they are to fit.

4. I haven't fitted Rizomas but I've fitted GiaMoto (Austin Racing) rearsets to mine which I would expect to be a similar experience. I'm definitely no mechanic just motivated by being a stingy arse who doesn't like paying someone else to do a job I can have a go at myself. It's fairly straight forward just make sure you have a decent set of Allen keys. In order to fit the hangers to the bike you will probably have to dismantle the gear lever and brake pedal from the rearsets to get the Allen key in then reassemble them once they are on the bike. A few important points to note are make sure you use thread lock ( I used loctite 243 ) on the studs and bolts etc when you refit them otherwise they'll just shake loose. Make sure you have everything is adjusted to your liking before doing this. Most important though is when fitting the brake pedal side make sure when the rear set is fitted there is sufficient free play in the pedal where the pedal pushes the rod into the brake cylinder. If there isn't you can adjust the length of the rod by slackening the nut off and winding the rod in to shorten it. If there isn't enough free play you could suffer brake drag where when the oil in the brake system can't circulate properly and heats up causing the brake to overheat and stick on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers BigM...just had a look at GiaMoto's web site and they look great and at a very competitive price. They mention black will be available soon, which is what I would like. Thanks for the tip on the potential brake drag issue if there isn't enough free play.

• Like Like x 1
  6. image.jpg image.jpg Fitted the Rimoza rear sets to my 899, huge difference over stock, no concerns taking her out in the wet

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Brilliant.... right, that's my mind made up. Thanks Scooter.

8. Agree with all said Rizoma are good quality and not too difficult to fit. Use loctite as said already otherwise you lose bolts. You'll definitely notice the difference, feet are much more planted and solid on the footrests.
    Also fitted the DP race seat at same time it's about 25mm higher than standard also makes for better riding position with the rearsets

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Nick, at Snell's, for relieving me of yet more of my hard earned......Rizoma rear sets on order.

10. Is it the comfort seat or race seat that is higher? I really want to be higher on the bike and dealer said the comfort seat is the highest.

11. Seat2.JPG I'm pretty sure the Race Seat is higher than the Comfort seat. Here's a picture of my Race Seat. Measured the height from the front mounting plate to top of seat pad and it's 30mm. The padding is also firmer than the Comfort seat and the seat is more narrow at the front. Also looks better IMHO.

It can be a bit firm for a long ride, but I wear a pair of padded cycle shorts for a bit of comfort.

12. I'd go for that then. Pile of money as ever? .

13. It's the DP rear hugger

14. My dealer had both in stock. Comparing side to side the height is the same. Difference is the race seat is firmer so does't compress.
    They got my money for that one.
    Just done 3 days at Portimao with it. Way better than stock. Trouble is now I need rearsets.
    Rizomas or Light tec? Ducati Corse are just stupid money.

15. Rizomas on........

WIN_20140604_093018.JPG

16. Look nice. Folding pegs? Ducati Bristol think you might be able to fit parts to make em flex like std pegs.
    Anybody looked at Light tech ones?

17. Not folding and no idea whether they can be converted....I love the look of the DP rear sets, they fold, but not paying twice the money of the Rizomas.

18. WIN_20140606_105627.JPG

Fitted and adjusted..... have set them so they are 75mm (ish) further back and higher than original OEM pegs. Perfect.... and so much better grip than the rubbish originals.

Not sure how this works.... but they have the added advantage of relieving arm ache at low speeds.(?!)

Anyway, so impressed with them I have ordered a set for the 899.

For anyone interested in price...£505 from Snell's.

19. For the ones that had rizoma rear sets put on how long or how many hours did your shop say that it will take and charge you?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information