Rosso Corsa Pressures

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Rossdj, May 6, 2014.

1. Can't seem to find any info on the pirelli site on what pressures to run for road and track use...... Any ideas gents?

2. 32 f and 30 rear road use seems fine for me , was the same for super corsa's changed them this time tryin rosso's

3. The normal suggestion for track settings by the track people is low 30s....which for the RC are road settings. I know people who have dropped them below 30psi, but when I did that, I found the back would really squirm around for the first three laps. After that it was fine. Personally I run, 31, front and back when on track. Tyre wear is acceptable and so is stability

4. 30f 32r for road. 18f 20r for track. These work okay for me.

5. You have tyre warmers don't you :)

6. No. I just do a few laps until it stops feeling squidgy. Tis the tyre people at Odiham who recommended these pressures for me so i just stuck to it. Seems to work okay for me.

7. That's what happened to me. Really didn't like that squidgy feeling, so don't drop em that low. Don't seem to suffer from too much tyre wear either, so I must not be trying hard enough....or I have my bike set up right for my weight ;)

8. I'm only 10.5st. Plus I am hardly the fastest guy out there so I might not realise I could go faster with higher pressures. But it makes me feel more comfortable with the bike laid over in the corners. It doesnt feel like it wants to break away. The tyre show nice even rippling after a good track session so I think it might just be spot on for a rider like me.

I knock a couple of psi off when I ride to the alps though as due to the wide open roads (and empty) we ride quickly.

A question I have for those who understand this more is does a slightly reduced tyre pressure help with side grip?

9. Run 25 F, 27R and don't get any noticeable difference to feel when cold.
    Don't run warmers, and am on the heavier side of 95kg when suited and booted.
    Tyre wear is nice and uniform when running at inters pace.

10. The tyre is supposed to 'deform' slightly which increases the contact patch. It was my understanding with track pressures it that as they heat up quicker and stay hotter for longer, you can sort of have to run the lower pressures. Its all about what your comfy with. Im 16st (who ate all the pies) and tall with it, so gravity is probably on my side :)

11. 32f 34r for road riding 30f 28r for track , and I helped Matt eat all the pies ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information