Rough running:(((

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jase1, May 28, 2012.

1. Afternoon all. I'm currently on holiday on the multi and she has started to in my opinion run rough. I have got the full termi system fitted and was amazed back in uk how much smoother she was but over the last few days the pops and crackles have got worse in fact my number plate is starting to melt!! Although ive heard of this before. I've tried 3 or 4 tanks of fuel from different garages but still same. Loads of power And goes like stink once revs have built up but round town and slow stuff and on over run really pops and bangs. No obvious leaks or noises mpg seems fine oil level bang on!! Puzzled!! No lights on dash by the way!! Cheers

2. Def sounds like you're running well lean....

Can you source the local version of super unleaded?

What is the RON value of the fuel you're putting in?

3. I've been putting nothing but 98 in which I've always used in UK. I'm sure someone will come along telling me I'm wasting my money and I'm wondering if I've got some old fuel in as 98 is a lot dearer than 95 here. starts fine runs great mid range up just low down and the popping and banging is really noticeable now where as in UK was only odd occasion. Cheers

4. I had exactly the same prob yest, so thought it might be a bit of water in the fuel at the last fill up, so ran bike till the last drop refilled n its been fine since, fingers crossed. Maybe theres still abit of water still in your fuel from a bad fill?

5. I'll try that. To be fair one lad we are with has RSV4 so we've been filling up when he needed to and I've just been topping tank up so will try running right to death and stick 95 in. Chances are it will be fresher as used more regularly. Cheers

6. Well after running the lowest I have ever done. 0KM left and range flashing. Manage to squeeze 20.15 litres in and certainly runs a lot better. Panic hopefully over.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is this a hot weather issue? I have noticed that evertything seems fine, or comparatively so all thru the winter and spring but when the outside temp rises into the mid 20's low rpm running thru towns villages seems lumpier with far more pops and crackles and a bit is stuttering around the 2.5 to 3.5k rpm range. Down to the low 20's or lower and all seems much smoother. I have a MIVV decat and Suono fitted. had the bike dyno checked inc throttle bodies about 6 months ago and fuelling according to dealer was normal (OK?). All open pipe systems pop and crackle to some extent, I am told. Once above 4K rpm all is just dandy mind you. Only answer for total peace of mind is I suppose £500 and visit to CJS??

8. It's perfect now even in hot weather through Spain on way home. Only pops and crackles on hard down changes as originally happenend. Can run higher gears smoothly at low speeds with Ducati ecu which has a new map on. It is so much smother much the same as CJS does I suppose.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information