748 Rubber Vibration Fairing Protection Pad

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Bubble, Nov 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Guys does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the large rectangular rubber/sticky vibration pad in this pic please?

[​IMG]

2. Probably the cheapest option is a rubber/foam merchant and get something you can cut to size and glue on

3. They were there to try and act as Noise damping over vibration.
    Around that time Noise was a concern as the legislation required that the whole vehicle had to be accounted for (I cant remember what the ECE regulation was), which is why you saw everything start to have massive lumps of rubber matting everywhere, and in the following years the 999 family onwards bikes and cars got big daft looking carpets in the fairings an under the tank / bonnets etc..

Ducati struggled harder than most due to the inherent noisiness of their engines.

I'd leave them out personally - for what it does, it's a cost you don't really need, unless you're doing it for completeness reasons.

Adhesive backed neoprene will do the job, and as said, you can buy that on a sheet, or failing that Dynomat or equivalent sound proofing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Adhesive backed neoprene will do the job, and as said, you can buy that on a sheet, or failing that Dynomat or equivalent sound proofing.

Thanks Sev

5. silent coat stuff is good

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information