Sato Racing rear sets

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Barmbyduke, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Opinions are aloud :biggrin:

2. Looks like your going to have to review them for us!!!:upyeah:

3. I may be wrong but, I believe these rearsets are rave proven (maybe not on a Duc but I can't see it being desperately different on other bikes) so I would say they're decent. Better looking than the Gilles items that most sheep go for. :upyeah:

4. Only opinion I'd give is with a fixed peg and the bikes side stand so tucked away, I struggled to get it down. Whereas with flip up peg you can push aside still. I put those peg adjuster things on mine instead this time

5. Not sure when said review will take place, more overtime banged in me thinks :eek:

6. Anything has to be better than stock pegs so all opinions welcome, thanks Bradders.

7. They are pricey but do look good with the 1198 logo cast in the guards and they have various options on whether you want matching brake pedal, shift arm, even a titanium bolt set if you want to go down that route £££££

8. Ar right, nice advertising then :rolleyes:

Yes the pegs, for the money I figured I'd try them and if I don't like them it's no biggie. Used it with them twice and seem ok

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a set fitted which I bought from here.

1098 Sato Rear Sets Type 2 with Brake Pedal - Welcome To Kyle Racing's Online Store

I managed to get a deal on them through my brother in law and they ended up costing me around €450 at the time. I haven't managed to do more than 50 or sixty miles at a time with them fitted, but I have found them very comfortable with plenty of adjustment and loads of grip. The build quality is also top drawer and they do look fantastic. The only negative I would have about them is the pegs don't fold. Not a problem in itself but being a bit vertically challenged they can sometimes get in the way if I am back peddling. Only a small niggle.

They are pricey but I would definitely recommend them.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I bought a set of DP rear sets, there's not the usual myriad of adjustment, but enough.

They have the fixed peg, but as Bradders points out it can be a bit of a pain to get the side stand with fixed pegs.

I now have a set of stock Hangars etc. in black from a Bayliss rep. and they have the pegs from a 1098 Bayliss on them and they are a mega improvement in grip and looks over the stock pegs.

Antony from Avanti Race parts is a member on here and DSC, PM him for the details and pics of the adjustable pegs your thinking about......I'm sure he'll do you a good deal if you ask :wink: blame me if he asks.

#14 XxAnthxX, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Am I the only one who hates folding pegs? Lol I only have a 29" inside leg yet have no issues getting the side stand down or walking backwards sat on the bike despite the fixed pegs. Maybe I'm odd but I find when I'm tucked in on straights I somehow push the pegs so that they start to fold up, and I hate it. Plus fixed pegs look cooler :). I also like my rearsets to look like they have no adjustment even if they do. Hence why I chose my DP rearsets, they are adjustable via an eccentric on the inside end of the peg.

12. Depends on if you have twigs or trunks for legs...thicker the legs, bigger the issue ;)

13. My legs are most certainly not made of string lol

14. Or in my case!

:eek:

15. It's more the hanger mounting points on the frame that I'm concerned about.....they appear to be made of chocolate!

If it goes down on rigid pegs, for me theres more chance of bending them than there is with a peg that will fold.

I know the the rigid ones are designed to snap on impact too, but I still think the choclolate mounts would bend first.

I know of at least one 1098 that was written off by the loss adjuster because he classed it as a bent frame :mad:

16. I hear what you're saying dude but for me, it's a risk I'm willing to take for both function and form benefits. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information