Screen name on my dash

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by chrisw, Sep 3, 2012.

• Like Like x 3
  1. How cool is that !

2. Not cool enough to match the cost of the cables and software to do it.....

I done mine last year, but the novelty grew off quickly and it's back standard now.

3. How did you do that then ? Looks like Anth answered my question as I was typing, way to make me look a twat

4. Reflash the ECU. The start-up text has a 15-character limit (right, Chris?) so you can put just about anything in there!
    I've done a few - will take a pic of my Hypermotard and post it up.

5. Yup 15 characters, with JP's Writer software....

6. The cutting edge of Italian design
    Millions spent on flat panel display development
    Italy's finest brains working round the clock to develop software
    The efforts of Signor Guareschi and Troy on the test track
    Canbus electrical distribution systems that can send signals in microseconds
    Countless hours testing on the dyno
    A Kray supercomputer to interpret the data obtained from WSBK rounds all over the world

Yes my friends, it was worth every moment:tongue::upyeah::biggrin:

7. Howdo!!!

Want to change the message on my dash, whats required to re-flash the message on the ECU?? Or where can I get this done???

Cheers Pablo

8. You need the Writer software from the creator of Ducatidiag (only worth buying if you want to flash new maps to your ECU). It works for the newer dashes (SF/HM/1098/848/1198 etc). If you were near West Yorks I'd do it for you.

9. Hi Chris,

Fitted an ST3 dash to my Superlight, do you think it's possible to re-write? I'm just round the corner in Cornwall :upyeah:

10. Won't work for you. The data is actually held in the IAW5AM ECU. It only works with the newer bikes.

11. :frown:

The message on the ST3 dash I presume is held in the ECU, however suppose the correct software is required........not much chance of that.

12. Howdo!
    Asked Chris when he did my ECU re-map, didn't have the facility on his software to do it, believe Biggelaar in Holland can? But a bit of a trek :rolleyes:

13. I think the ST3 like the 999/749 has this data inside the clocks not the ECU. The later bikes store it inside the ECU.

14. Cheers Chris,

One way to prove is still a Multistrada dash on the bike & see what it says (Bit extreme I agree). Looks like it's gonna stay as is......

15. Its not that i dont have the facility. I can do the dash message on old and new bikes including the MTS1200 . The st3 file does not have a dash message to play with. Thats why i could not do yours. The message in the st3 dash is inside the dash chip. This requires the dash to be opened , chip read and decrypted to find where it is inside.

16. Will probably regret it but gonna break the dash open over Christmas to try and replace the surface mounted diode for the indicators, whilst in half would it then be possible to read/re-write the chip? Already had a quick look at a spare dash I have and they are a pain to take apart, purchased on the off chance it would work, clearing up my indicator fault (However I think the ECU needs unlocking to allow the dash to work.......bugger).

17. Once you know what the chip is you must find a program that can read it. You may have to unsolder it. It will be checksum protected to stop the data inside being changed. Im sure henrick nygren could do this

Do Not Sell My Personal Information