1200 DVT Seat Height And Rider Height

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Grayspeed, Aug 27, 2015.

1. I am interested to see what seat height people are happiest with compared to their height and inside leg measurement.

I have settled on the low seat height although I am 6' 3" and a 34" inside leg. I prefer the feeling of sitting in the bike, although this may be a symptom of changing from a modern GSXR 750 to the Multistrada.

2. I am with you. 32 ILM but low position makes the seat more comfortable, less turbulence on the helmet although pants catch on the rubber frame plug when you put you foot on the ground. Looking for some frame plugs but no luck. The top plug is an angled affair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 27 seam and highest possible, I like nearly falling over, its the challenge ;)

Low and have started messing with the settings and rider modes so it firms up when I change mode as for touring I also have soft preload, so started with upping rider plus luggage to 16 from 10

4. Sat on a DVT with the higher seat height at Silverstone today. Felt much better for me so will have to test ride again in that mode soon.

Would still prefer it as high as my 2013 though.

Don't Ducati Performance do frame plugs for the DVT?

5. I test rode the bike for the 2nd time today and this time it was without the Mrs pillion and seat height set high

MUCH better...... I'll update my other post with feedback

6. Tried my DVT high & low setting- in low position at the moment whilst I get used to the bike (29" inside leg) :upyeah:

Takes about 5 mins to get the plastic rails off from under the seat then 5 minutes to locate the blummin thing on the bike!:rolleyes:

I managed to get some bits under the front seat in high, but in low it needs every mm of space. Low position feels a little cramped even for my short-arse legs, but just need to get used to it (its still a heavy bike to paddle about once sat on it - especially on uneven ground).......

7. I spoke to a DVT rider yesterday who told me that although he is quite tall he has deliberately put the seat in the low position so that his wife riding pillion can see over his shoulder more easily. Incidentally, his seat was a poor fit on the bike and looked a bit rough; unlike mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. [​IMG]

I say keep it high and buy some of these..... It's what Tom Cruise would do :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. 34" leg, and even the high position is an inch too low for my comfort.

10. Thanks for all your replies, it's good to see that the bike is able to suit lots of different sizes and requirements. I am mainly using the bike for commuting at the moment so the low position suits town work, but for that little extra leg space, I think I'll put it up to high for my trip to Yorkshire in a few weeks.

11. I have noticed now that being pitched forward is making my arms work harder so, while not uncomfortable, they ache like mad after an hour or so

Do Not Sell My Personal Information