1200 DVT Self Cancelling Indicators

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SteveSRS, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Hi all, my 15 DVT indicators don't self cancel, is there a way of turning them on/off? I can't believe it doesn't have them

2. Search for my thread on Ducati.ms forum in multistrada sub forum. Details on using STS canceller.

3. Does a 16 DVT even have self cancelling indicators?

4. I think the self canceling indicators are a new feature and are only on the 1260 so far. My 2015 DVT certainly doesn't have them.

5. From 2013 owners manual

Turn indicators (automatic reset)
    Turn indicators are automatically reset by the instrument panel.
    After activating one of the two turn indicators, they can be deactivated using the reset button (4). If the turn indicator is not “reset" manually, the instrument panel will automatically switch it off after the motorcycle has travelled 500 m (0.3 miles) from when the turn indicator was activated.
    The counter for the distance travelled for automatic deactivation is activated at speeds below 80 Km/h (50 mph).
    If the calculation of the distance for automatic deactivation is activated and then the motorcycle exceeds a speed of 80 km/h (50 mph), the calculation is interrupted and will restart when the speed returns below the indicated threshold.

Yes, DVT has same. Believe the 1260 has it using the imu too :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. My 2017 DVT has them. Although they’re not as good as those on my previous R1200RT.

They stay on too long for town riding.

As a back up feature, to prevent you riding along, forgetting to cancel them for miles, they’re fine. But as a feature to fully hand cancellation off to the bike? Nope.

7. Well, you learn something new every day. I don't believe mine have ever self-canceled, but then if I've not noticed I've left them on then I'd hardly be aware they've turned off automatically. The other point is they count the 0.3 miles only at speeds below 50mph, according the Bradder's post. It only then continues the count once the speed has dropped again. So that's another reason not to notice the self-cancelling feature. I've certainly ridden more than 0.3 of a mile and then noticed the indicator is still on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My 2015 DVT didn't have self cancelling Indicators (or if it did they didn't work!). My new 1260 has got them and they are very clever, no set time to cancel but seem to work in conjunction with the IMU on whether the bike is upright or leant over. eg indicate left for a turn and they come on and stay on until the turn is made (bike leant over) and then when the bike returns to upright they cancel!

• Like Like x 1
  9. In my humble opinion it’s dangerous to rely on the indicators “self cancelling “ and to do so is asking for trouble, how difficult is it to remember to press the button anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  10. The way the hill-start function cancels too soon and the indicators cancel too late are opposite sides of the same coin. Both minor points but slightly annoying. And both should be programmable in software to suit the owner's preferences.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I cannot understand why the hill hold cancels at all, as it cancels once you set off. No logic that i can see.:(

12. I cannot understand why the hill hold cancels at all, as it cancels once you set off. No logic that i can see.:(

13. You never know, you may want to reverse one day :worried:

14. Blimey have I got bill start as well? How does that work?

15. That’s quackers

16. Haha I should proof read before hitting “post reply”

Hill start, wossat?

17. For most motorcycle manufacturers hill start assist means when you’re stationary, you pull the front (or press the rear) brake very firmly and it applies the brakes until it senses you trying to pull away, then it automatically releases. Useful at lights on an incline, or when on a hill (no swapping feet, holding on the clutch etc) allowing you to rest those weary fingers.

On a Multistrada it engages as expected. Then counts to somewhere between 8 and 10 before disengaging on its own, shouting “ha ha mother ducker” and giggling as you fall off or roll backwards/forwards trying to gain control.

There is no way to alter the time setting.

It’s only use is making long and animated discussions on this forum, all agreeing that the manufacturer is mad.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My commute bike has self cancel indicators, useless, I cancel my indicators.

I don’t think cars have any indicators nowadays.

As for hill start assistance, well, er ok, if you need it.

All this tech is just pushing prices up, waaaayyyyy beyond my small wallet

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information