Servicing cost for M1100 evo

Discussion in 'Monster' started by simontt, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Just have had the first 12 month / 7.5k service done at the dealer, including front brake pads renewal came to £500. Add a set of Michelin pilot road 3 the bill is inflated by another £250.

It's my first Ducati so no idea on running cost but when commenting on the size of the bill, the dealer explained that "You cannot get more prestigious / higher end than Ducati, and it's the equivalent of Ferrari in car terms"..........

Is it realistic to expect expect £500 on routine servicing and another £500 on maintenenace / parts replacement per year?

Also is it worth taking out the extended warranty beyond the standard 2 year?

I do around 7.5k miles per year, 100% weekeday commuting (from suburb in SW to central London).

2. Seems a little high to me, if its just a check, oil and filter change. If its belts too, with the pads it sounds about right. But belts arent due until year 2 or 12k (I think) on the newer bikes

3. that's right - the belts were only checked / adjusted this time, so as the valve clearances.

4. Moved to Monster :smile:

5. I never go to a main dealer for servicing to expensive, thats how they earn there money. Although if its still under-warranty. wait after the 2 years, then go to a Ducati independent mechanic. Much cheaper Still get the book stamped etc.

6. Sounds steep to me, my M1100 2 yearly belt service came in at £300, pretty sure the 1 yearly was about £160 but I didn't have pads or tyres done then.

7. £500 sounds steep for the first service. The trouble had her monster 696 serviced at ST Neots Motorcycles, this was the belt service and she had heated grips and a trickle charge adaptor fitted too and her bill was just over £545 which is pretty reasonable I think for a Ducati dealer. Did the dealer you used quote you in advance?
    I`d switch to a good independant for future servicing and you should find you`ll save hundreds.
    I dont know what dealer you used but to spout off about high end and prestige is just bollix. The 1100 is a fairly low tech 2 valve twin. I love the engine but it isnt a complicated lump.

8. Thanks for the feedback. I got 3 quotes from dealers around London before work started and they all come back similar, went with Inmoto at the end as I have had good experience with them so far. I guess it's just the going rate for a London based Ducati dealer.

Certainly would look into independents from year 3. Any recomemndations for good indies located south west of London?

9. Sounds like is the London going rate then. Plenty within an hour or so of the Smoke if you wanted an alternative

10. Buy a Ducati. Get bummed. Dry.

That's how it works :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Just today got a quote for the belt service on my Monster Evo from Ducati Leeds, £550 inc vat. The bike is two years old and due the belts on time scale but has only done 5500 miles.
    The dealer broke it down for me:- 5 hours labour, new belts, set of plugs, oil and filter, new brake fluid and he did quote for an air filter if needed. That came to £475 or so plus vat.
    Now to be fair i did ask for the full monty as it is going to be beasted round Europe for a month but its still jolly heavy.

12. Ask nelly on here what his rates would be, that'll give you a realistic price, he's always been as fair as they come.

13. sounds expensive
    what are their labour charges per hour?

14. Don't know but must be in the high £40s pH.

15. 45ph+ seems fairly standard

metropolis in london charge something like £90ph + VAT!!

16. Just monster serviced last week. £626 inc new front tyre. Phew!!!

17. Interesting. My 2 years service (with new belts) & a pair of Pilot Road 3's came to £505 (the tyres were £255 fitted), and thats at the best dealer on the planet - JHP.

18. Seem to vary massively around the country. My dealer works off a menu system of sorts. I asked for the "full Monty" and suppose ive paid for it. Were is JHP?

19. JHP is in Coventry. Nelly at Cornerspeed (Kirkby in Ashfield) is much nearer for you, he is also highly recommended.

20. Thanx. Ducati Leeds ( Cobb & Jagger ) are very nice people to deal with and friendly and this service cost was not a problem as ive had a small inheritance but next time I'll have to think again. Its cost+distance×hastle=were I'll end up going.
    I am off over to them tomorrow to pick up a 620ie I've bought for the wife. She had a little yellow 600 five years ago and has missed it ever since she had to sell it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information