Sf848 Tyre Pressures

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by mervyn, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Can people tell me the best tyre pressures for the road on their bike.I weigh about 12 stone and only pootle about.I do not mind experimenting,I think the book pressures seem a bit hard to me,but value other peoples input.Thankyou.

2. Book pressures do seem a tad high. I thought that when inflating mine last weekend. I always go off the manual though, why would I try anything else in reality.

My Desmo came with a factory letter ammending the recommended tyre pressures shown in the manual. So I go by that. The factory knows best in my eyes.

#2 Robarano, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Never tried anything other than recommend for the road here either Guess you would need to have a play if you're not happy with recommended

Having the suspension set up correctly though is worth it if not done yet :).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. If they are European tyres , ie pirelli's 31 front 34 rear .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I seem to remember mine were 2.5 bar front and rear. Can't remember what that equates to in psi. They are Pirelli

6. That comes out to 36psi which I have recently put the tyres up to.I can only explain that the bike feels a bit light,not planted.Perhaps it is me as I have only bin out on the bike a few times in the last nine months,and I don't think my confidence is up to speed yet, as I am sure other riders could probably ride it fine with any old tyre pressures.I will quiz the dealer when I next get the chance to see them.
    All your replies are very welcome,thankyou.

7. I run 35 psi rear and 33 psi front on my 1098 SF with Metzeler M7rrs. (848 shouldn't be any different).
    I'l drop them 3 psi if its really hot but any higher than that and they don't feel as grippy or as planted if the surface changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Personally I run the same as I did on the 848, 36 back, 32 front. Michelin Pilot Roads I think...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Many thanks for all the replies.I shall have a play with the pressures before I go out next based on the info given to me in the posts.Will report back in due course.

10. My 848 SF runs 33 front & 36 rear very close to @Gimlet pressures and I am also running M7RR they feel very planted on the road

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. MTS Pirelli scorpions 36psi front and rear good enough to scrape the footrests, if the surface is ok that is.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information