999 Side Stand Bracket

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by trig, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Hi, has anyone got a spare to get rid of? The bracket twisted and cracked at the MOT yesterday:(.

Also my frame has been resprayed and the examiner can't read the number. Just wondering if you have any cleaver ways of getting round this problem. Really do not want to rub the paint back.

2. Usually caused by the bracket being loose or incorrectly torqued to spec. You might have some luck on Ebay finding one.

3. Hmmm, did the inspector have an assistant levering the back wheel off the ground using the side stand?

If he did I'd be going elsewhere in future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. That was my immediate suspicion especially as it had been working just fine!! I left it with them so didn’t see. I am of the opinion the front screw had worked loose and luckily it just stripped the first couple of threads in the case. not at home until later, is it a steel casting?

5. It is steel.

Ducati use this style of bracket on loads of their bikes. Do they use the same 749/999 on any other models?

6. I believe the bracket is unique to the 749/999 range, which is a little unusual.

7. If you cannot read the frame number then you have no alternative than to remove material. If you are lucky then acetone can be used to remove the paint. If you are unlucky then a drill and wire brush. If you mask off a rectangle around the number you can make a neater job. Once readable use clear lacquer on the area.

8. not sure that's correct Simon, but unable to fully confirm easily. One vendor mentioned ST3 being common (so even rarer to find s/h!)
    No luck on a search for a good s/hand item, part number below should be correct.

New prices varied from £64 upwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ok, thanks for the info.

10. Ok I will give it a go. Thanks

11. Chris

Hi.

The 999 one has the pin for the switch at the rear of the bracket as per your pic above, whereas the ST one more commonly has the Pin at the front.

Stein Dinse have the 999 Bracket 55620321, and the ST3 one 55620201.

I'm sure there must be another bike that uses the 749/999 one, but the part number may be different if it's painted a different shade of Silver.

12. yes, the plot thickens as it was Ducati Coventry that suggested an alternative part number (55620201b)* and listed ST3 as an alternative - and not the same as ST2 orST4 - it's a case of trawling through the lot plus going without a sidestand switch isn't world-ending stuff.

https://ducaticoventry.com/store/parts/p/bracket-side-stand

EDIT * above superceded number is wrong for 749/999

Do Not Sell My Personal Information