Side Stand For Pantah-framed Special

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Mostronero, Jul 3, 2018.

1. No side stand yet fitted to my Pantah-framed special - the only ones I can find are vastly over-complex Chinese ones that look like a robot's private parts. Any suggestions as to how I might acquire a nice simple one? My Pantah parts lists and manuals seem to indicate that the standard Pantah did not have a side stand...

2. No, the Pantah didn't have a side stand but I've wondered about fitting one myself. I don't think it would be difficult to adapt the stand from a later bike to suit. If you look at the LH crankcase there are 3 M10 threaded holes. The same holes are used on many of the later Ducatis to mount the side stand lug. It should be possible to fit the lug from maybe a 900/750/600 SS or Monster and modify the stand to suit. Possibly altering the length or putting a crank in it is necessary.
    Pantah

SS Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 16.29.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 16.31.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 16.29.23.png

3. Something went wrong trying to load the photos but you'll get the idea

4. Sure - understood - interesting. As I also have a 2001 Monster with a side stand (and no centre stand...) I'll check that out.

5. The side stand off a Cagiva Alazzura fits a Pantah perfectly. I have one fitted to one bike. Would like to get two more, but they are like hens' teeth. Side stands off later Ducatis may fit the crankcases, but are likely to foul the standard exhaust system - if you have a different exhaust fitted anyway, that might not be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The vertical head is reversed (carb at the front) so the exhaust does not run along the frame and I might get away with it. I'll update the thread when I have a chance to try the Monster's side stand out for fit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information