Sincere Request - Please Help

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Expat Jack, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Hi.

On September 5th I was thrown from my Panigale at around 100mph on a track day at Silverstone.

Air Ambulance Service.JPG

I suffered life threatening injuries (numerous fractures and internal organ injuries) and was given 11 units of blood and plasma (2 at Silverstone, the balance at Coventry Serious Trauma Unit). The Doctors told my wife and children that I may not pull through.

I owe my life to so many but I want to ask your help in supporting The Air Ambulance Service, who airlifted me from Silverstone to Coventry. They were landed at Silverstone within 20 minutes of getting the call from the Medical Centre and, as you no doubt know, exist solely through public donations.

The Air Ambulance Service cover Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rultand. If you do trackdays, that's Silverstone, Donington and Mallory and, if you don't do trackdays, that's a massive road network. They have also been called to attend Cadwell. They also cover the UK for the Children's Air Ambulance. I cannot think of a better cause personally.

Please find a link to my just giving page below and give anything that you can - you never know when you or yours might need their help.

https://www.justgiving.com/page/richard-b-1696761148874?utm_term=QgzypK5Eb

Please do not give heart emojis to this post. Give me a like and lets get this featured. Even better, if @El Toro could just feature straight away (something I would never ask under normal circumstances).

This forum is an amazing place and I am lucky to have many friends on her - both virtual and quite a few real! Please do dig down the back of the sofa and identify yourself as a DF member if you can when donating.

In return, I will do a review of the gear I wore that undoubtedly either saved my life or reduced my trauma (including pictures if possible. I will probably include details of injuries on this but will give an explicit warning beforehand if you are squeamish.

Thanks again everyone. My fight continues.

• Like Like x 45
  2. Blimey Jack sorry to hear of your accident, glad you’re here and able to tell us about it.
    Good luck with the recovery

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Donated :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Done

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bloody hell @Expat Jack
    Sending lots of Ducbird hugs and love and keep fighting and healing
    You got this

Have moved to lounge and made it a feature and stickied it

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. All the best mate, The Air Ambulance is one of the few charities that I donate to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Donated

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Done and I hope that you recover well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sorry to hear this Jack, and hope your road to recovery isn’t too long. The air ambulance is a cause close to my heart, as I did a round the UK tour in 2011 on the bike, raising several thousand pounds, so of course I will donate again now.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Bloody hell mate, hope your healing well. I'll donate now

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Can I add to this about blood and plasma and platelets they are life savers please consider donating them if you can

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Done. Glad to have you back, Rich.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. And, just in case the worst :skull: does happen, get your organ donation set up! :confused:o_Oo_Oo_O

14. I'm in.

And there I was feeling sorry for myself after a high side at Jerez two weeks ago. Yours sounds like a very bad one, but some good always comes out of these things :punch:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Holy fuck Richard, that’s absolutely shocking news.
    Really sorry to hear about this and really hope you continue to make progress and mend yourself soon.
    Donation inbound.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Christ on (or off) a bike. Glad you’re ok(ish) and GWS.

I already have a direct debit set up for the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance.

Pics please :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Always donated to their collection tins.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Done.
    Good luck.
    Tom.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Get well soon, Jack!

• Like Like x 1
  20. So glad to hear you’re on the mend Richard. Donated and shared.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information