Soft Lugage

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Morecambedesmo, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Hi, right Im going to the TT on the 1200 monster again , I loved the monster on the island last year it was so much fun . But this time I'm taking my son on the back and didn't want to use rucksacks as he is only 10.Has any one used soft lugage on the bike before or any other monster come to that .
    I would love some advise Good and bad. Cheers

2. Yeah I've got a Ventura rack n bag,easy install perfect fit.travelled over 1600 miles in all weather conditions,ne dramas very satisfied

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alpkit do an Airlock dry bag that will strap straight on a la Kriega US. Only difference is it's a lighter weight bit of kit and costs £13/15 rather than upwards of £65. I am a big fan of their kit and they're a nice bunch of people.

Alpkit - Airlok XTra the dual ended dry bag, for easy access

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mine is not a true soft luggage but I have the Ducati Performance saddle bags and mounting system. Fits very nicely, look good on the bike, are big enough to easily hold a couple of days of ride gear and are a "snap" to attach and detach from the bike.

I say not true soft luggage as they are a heavy nylon outside with harder formed plastic inside. Haven't rode in the rain but noticed the holes are sealed with silicone on the inside so I assume they are waterproof as well.

From what I hear they are pricey to buy but I got mine, literally like-new off of kijiji for less than half the price of a new set :)

#4 Rodney Hickey, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm doing a trip on my 1200S next month - I'm planning on using some soft throw-over panniers, and some sort of bag to put my tent, sleeping bag, and airbed in. Would certainly be interested in getting feedback from others that have done touring trips on a 1200.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information