South Lincs Number Plate Clampdown

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by SOUP, Aug 14, 2012.

1. A friend of mine was pulled a few days ago, the offence, the letters on his plate were not regularly spaced. The two groups were about 2-3 mm too far apart. Nothing else, no fancy letters, std sized plate, no wrong coloured screws or screws in the wrong place.

£60 on the spot fine, no arguments, the coppers said they were under instructions and once the plate was captured on their camera they had to issue a fine.

So take care out there.

Mark

2. In this day and age of ANPR cameras (automatic number plate recognition) being fitted in Police cars and strategic roadside locations, you are more likely than before to get stopped and fined. Should imagine that's why you hardly see non standard number plates these days.

3. Its a pity they have not got anything better to do, are there no kids riding on the pavement in lincs?

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's a pain in the backside but we all know the risks, just technology has made it easier for the boys in blue now, I've avoided anything but standard plates for years to avoid getting pulled then it's the exhaust, dark visor etc etc

5. When I went on the bikesafe course, the cooper said 'i've never seen a crash caused by a small numberplate' See, even the police know its bulls1t

Do Not Sell My Personal Information