Spa Francorchamps - Friday June 21st / Nurburgring Nordschleife - Saturday 22nd June

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by J0n3s, Jun 17, 2013.

1. A bunch of mates are heading over to Spa on Thursday for the Biker Days Spa TD on Friday 21st. There's a couple of Ducs amongst us including an 848, 1198SP and a Panigale S. We've booked a garage so head over if you're there by any fluke of luck. After the TD we're making a dash over to Cochem for a few beers and the Nurburgring / local roads the next day.

Photo's to follow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Could you post up a review? I'm thinking of booking with these guys. Would be good to know what they're like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I really want to do Spa and as like Matt have been looking at Biker Days so an opinion on the day would be appreciated.

4. Biker days are very Ok! and Spa is the Queen of tracks... its so spectacular that those who organise it don't really make all that difference... just get on it... :)

#4 kope999R, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  5. abmatt2002 / Drinky - I've used Biker Days a number of times and they've alway been professional and courteous. I'd put them somewhere between FE and NoLimits in attitude.

European TDO's are different and their insurance requirements mean that everyone runs lap timers, with timings available in-between sessions if that's your thing. They run lap timers so riders can be reshuffled in between sessions to appropriate groups, it's a far more sensible approach and one FE have tried to introduce in the UK.

Back protectors are compulsory and noise checks in Spa are taken more seriously than say in Spain. You'll need your baffles with you.

Biker Days have a monopoly on Spa TDs, so you have very little choice of using a different TDO. Occasionally they (Biker Days) swap one of their days with another TDO to get access to different circuits, that's the only reason you'll see another TDO running a day there.

European riders can have a different etiquette to the Brits on track, that said we've all occasionally seen highly questionable behaviour on track at home here in the UK so don't worry.

It's a very big circuit, there's a mahoosive amount of space on track. They could run 50-60+ bikes in a session any you'd never know.

My advice, don't look for reason not to book. Book it ASAP and enjoy what is an awsesome circuit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. A cautionary note, I read an article in the last week or so, possibly in last weeks MCN, that states "most" UK insurers specifically exclude the Nurburgring from your European cover and advise riders to check their small print. Hope you have a great time and don't have to find out if your insurance needs to pay up. :upyeah: Andy

7. Ring isnt covered by insurance, I have had this out with my company a few times as we go most years. It is a one way private toll road, you have to have tax, test, insurance to be there but then your not covered??! How the hell does that work? And for gods sake dont break down as it is around 140+Euro to get towed/carted off with their own recovery (you cant bring your own van onto track to pick someone up. And dont hit the armco as that is bloody expensive to replace and dont get the track closed due to dropping fluids and stuff onto the track as it is a couple of thousand euros an hour to close and then there is the clean up teams to pay for. Overall apart from having a really good time, enjoy yourself, take lots of pics of the awesome cars and dont have any mishaps !

8. @J0n3s wish I'd seen this before last weekend, we were there too (749s track bike + 848 Challenge Cup bike)!
    Unfortunately it rained most of the day and at best we had 1x dry session (the last) and 1x session with a dry line (thus my previous threads here for wets which are now procured).

Like most here we find the European folk much more relaxed and friendly when it comes to organising and running their trackdays (we've done Assen a few times), this one was no exception. The track was amazing and the hotel de la source was equally good. Both highly recommended.

Here are some shots from our box.

photo.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 3 (1).jpg photo 2 (1).jpg

photo.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 3 (1).jpg

photo 2 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Appols for the delayed reply, a friend died in an RTA last Wednesday and I've been away from bikkie forums.

Now way, we were in garage 42, two down from you. There were some lovely classic 80's racers that day, I'll post pics later.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information