Spain Portugal and back.

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Ricardoric, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Taking my MTS down through Spain and back through Portugal next week. Was going to be a nice ferry over and a leisurely ride down through Madrid and south via Ronda and over to Seville, a bit of the Algarve and then back through the middle of Portugal. Seems now the journey is going to be a bit more adventurous as Brittany Ferries have suspended all crossings so were now having to do an extra 900+ miles down through France and leave a day early!

Anyone done a similar route and got advice on roads etc?

I just hope the return leg encompasses the ferry otherwise the journey back will be just as fun! Lucky I have an understanding wife..

2. https://picasaweb.google.com/BevelTown/DucatiMultistrada10DaysInApril#

Not quite the same route, we got across on the Santander ferry, and came back through France, so that part of your trip was the same, but in reverse. We rode from Santander to Madrid, then across to Porto, down to Lisbon, back to Madrid, up to Leon, across the Picos and back up through France. We didn't get as far south as Ronda & Seville, but the best roads were crossing into Portugal, the road back from Lison and the Picos are not to be missed - deserted and like the interesting roads around Snowdonia but on steroids, much, much bigger; good surfaces, plenty of bends and hairpins, stunning views and no one around. Huge eagles, one of the last refuges of the European brown bear - a real wilderness in places - a fantastic place to ride. Leon was a fantastic little place to stop, lively at night, great bears and food and the farmers market in the old square the next morning.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information