749 Spider Rearsets

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Expat Jack, Jul 16, 2024.

1. I have just fitted a pair of these to my 749r. They apparently can be used in both road and race shift but I can’t see how they can be switched to race shift. I know it is as simple as fitting a reverse shift lever direct to the output shaft but no lever was supplied other than the one in the picture. Anyone got any idea? I’m happy with it in road shift but curious and can’t be arsed taking the gear shift off again to see it has a clever method of reversing.

IMG_2382.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just flip the short lever 180° on the gearbox selector shaft ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I would need to get a new one as the clearance is so tight if turned 180 degrees. They are available but the rearsets are advertised as both road and race shift so I just wanted to make sure I’m not missing a thing.

4. mate cannot help sorry but what does race shift mean/do?

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1 up 5 down.

6. Where is the advert ? Spider’s website shop makes no mention of road/race shift pattern that I can see. Andy

7. I tried flipping mine on my 999 defo wouldn't work as not enough clearance.

8. Depends which uk supplier you look at. I got my supplier to check with Spider before ordering and they confirmed both race and road shift.

I think a reasonable solution can be found here as it looks likely you get more room than the standard fit item:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27400804...luQgXR_RVK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

9. Example (not my supplier

IMG_2391.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m not so sure the information you are getting is accurate. Tried to compare the pictures of my Panigale V4 rear sets with the 749/999 pictures and I can’t see how the 749/999 can work in both configurations. Andy

11. I agree, it can’t. Without modification.

12. Test ride with the new rearsets this morning. Impressed with the difference it has made to the gear change. Much more positive. Happy with that. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Write to Spider and ask them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You need a direct lever, I have a Ducabike for 50 euro, remove the Spider lever and linkage.

15. Just cut some heel plates for them as the rhs fouled the exhaust heat shield and the fibre was twill matt. Obviously these only work on the peg position I have got set on the rhs which equates roughly to the standard upper position.

Thanks for all the replies. I know I can buy a reverse shift lever and the eBay pivot would probably work. I’m happy running road shift but I hope this thread helps others buying these rearsets. Nice but need fettling.

IMG_2424.jpeg IMG_2423.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. look at you smarty pants
    why the spiders? ive been thinking about rearsets for my track wench but wondered about the bonamici. i want some blingy ones innit.

17. I had Bonamici on my v2 track bike. Excellent kit. The Spider ones are virtually half the price though. That’s the main reason.

18. im in bologna in a few weeks so i could buy them there?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information