Starter Motor Brushes Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 98 SPS, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Finally got a rainy day to get the job done.
    Its the second time for this bike. The first was on the Island some years ago. Got the bits posted out and did it in the garage at our homestay.
    This time they gave up on the way back from the Island a month ago.
    I blame the other half because after we had filled up at the halfway home fuel stop, she wanted the loo, so we started up and pulled off the pumps and parked up.
    The loo in the fuel station was out of order and the manky portaloo option outside was instantly rejected.
    Then the old 916 refused to start. A quick knock on the window of an RAC van who was parked on the roadside and we got lucky.
    He is a biker and we quickly eliminated the battery and decided it was the starter motor brushes.
    A few attempts at pushing around the forecourt ended in us swapping places and his extra 2 to 3 stone bouncing on the seat was enough to get it going. No stops till home! He did remind me several times that it wouldn't have happened to his Suzuki and told Wendy her SV650 was a much better bike than my SPS. I forgive him. IMG_4431.jpeg IMG_4430.jpeg IMG_4429.jpeg IMG_4428.jpeg IMG_4427.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I know it needs a bloody good clean so don't give me any grief for that!

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information