Starting Problem 2022 Supersport 950

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Philcray, Feb 8, 2023.

1. I have a 2022 supersport 950, has intermittent starting problem where it seems to only run on 1 cylinder, won't rev above about 3k then stalls, meanwhile over revving lights are flashing away. Eventually starts up and then runs fine. Did it when cold yesterday but also when hot after about 25 miles, although not as bad. Tried again when it had cooled down after ride and started fine. Anybody else had this or any ideas?

2. Could be one of the sensors on exhaust- had similar problem on my 899 a while back & it was one of these that needed replacing.

3. Still in warranty, so unless you've done something silly isn't this something for the dealer...?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. A 2022 model so it’s got to be under warranty. It’s a job for the dealership.

5. Phil, Under your petrol tank there are two rubber hoses connecting directly to the tank via a plastic Y pipe. One is overflow, the other is breather for the fuel tank. Check if maybe one is kinked, or has worked its way loose.
    My 1299 did similar to what your saying and it was that hose.
    Could be a long shot, but its an easy process of elimination.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for all the feedback. I popped into Ducati Preston yesterday and the mechanic had a look at it. As mentioned, it seems to be an intermittent fault and the bike started fine yesterday so there was nothing for him to see really. He did say it was possibly something to do with the breather pipes (as mentioned above), petrol mix etc and hopefully, now the bike is being used more as we head into spring, will prove to have just been "one of those things". Fingers crossed...!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't know Ducati Preston, but I'd say that a dealer that wants your long-term business would have said "...leave it with us for a week and we'll have a look into it for you.." :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information