Street Racing?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by yets, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Since getting the 749 everybody wants to race :rolleyes:

Who participates in a bit of cheeky racing?

2. I found that as soon as I upgraded from a 600cc to a 1000cc bike. I used to, but I can't be arsed now.

3. No cheeky racing. All the gear no idea! That's me :biggrin:

4. Odd bit of traffic light action with Mr chav meister, but that's it.
    I'd only look daft in a proper race...:biggrin:

5. Doesn't seem to happen to me since I got the Ducati, maybe the other riders see the bike and just think Ducati riders are all just sensible old farts. :redface:

6. I commute into london and without fail, if a rider pulls up behind me at lights, he gives the revs and banshees off the line! On the SS the only people trying to race me where the scooters and lycra clad cyclists!

7. When i was young and riding 400`s there seemed to be loads of folk up for a race.In and a round the city id rip bigger bikes but as soon as we were on more open roads that was me, destroyed. Then on bigger bikes I spent most of my time 2s up with the misses on a YZF750 and id rash up litre solo riders. Modern superbikes can go a lot faster, a lot easier and without being ringed the way you would on smaller machines but It seems theses days there are less people about willing to risk their licence or willing to keep up. 125s always like a go, more for fun but if it was ever gonna be a fair race you`d never take it out of 1st.
    So yes I do like to but dont get the chance much these days so its more on my own or pillion that I get to act crazy, but its those few fleeting moments that make you remember the reason you have a bike......and how much you need to get on a track so it can be done safely and legally:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Only if I know I'm going to win.

Seriously, may increase speed a bit with another bike around just to see what he does (a bit of harmless fun). If it appears he's a psycho then it's fair enough chum, bye bye. On the track your learn a lot. One of those things is that there are those innately faster than you (better riders) and those who are slower. There is no reason to suppose that you're not meeting the faster riders on the road - so there isn't much point having a race.

I just don't care any more (and never did much).

9. No, got nothing to prove. The SS is quick rather than fast, but a smooth rider on a quick bike will always best a harsh rider on a fast bike. I'm not interested in playing those games on the road, I want to keep a clean license and the shiny side up. I actually ride the Yamasaki more aggressively on the road, as on a 125 momentum is precious

10. I will have a play with porkers and fezzas and such like if the time and place is right, but bikes I tend to leave em to it cause my thing is dog slow anyway. I do remember a seriously quick Nissan GTR which left me for dead that had a bucket where the exhaust should be, all singing all dancing full monty that one, quick car!!

11. Too many track day heroes trying to get their grove on out there...:eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information