Sun 18th May - Sw Italian Day At Compton Abbas Airfield

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dave, May 1, 2014.

1. Thanks to The Old Buzzard for drawing this to our attention. I will be going - probably with the family in tow. Anyone else fancy it?

Moto Corsa and Compton Abbas Airfield who are almost neighbours in the village of Ashmore in Dorset (just over a mile apart) are hosting an Italian Job at the airfield on Sunday 18 May 2014 from 1030.

There will be Italian planes, a few Italian cars, and a lot of Italian bikes. We have invited friends from the MV Agusta Owners Club, Moto Guzzi Owners Club, the International Laverda Owners Club, the Benelli Owners Club, Ducati Owners Club and the Moto Morini Riders Club.

We have asked MV Agusta UK to send along their "test fleet" so in addition to vintage planes and,maybe, acrobatics, there will be the chance to ride some 2014 models.

Compton Abbas also has a highly rated restaurant and you can also experience flights in vintage aircraft so you can have some really good experiences that day.

It is best to pre-book vintage flights directly with the airfield as there is a limit to how many people they can accommodate in their vintage planes.

Moto Corsa will also be hosting demo rides on the Saturday.

Moto Corsa is a South's Farm Yard, Noade Street, Ashmore, nr Shaftesbury (SP5 5AA).
    www.motocorsa.co.uk or phone 01747 811196.

Compton Abbas Airfield is at Ashmore (SP5 5AP)
    www.comptonabbasairfield.co.uk or phone 01747 811767

• Like Like x 1
  2. Another thing - the ride there and back can take-in the famous Zig Zag Hill - supposedly the bendiest road in the UK

3. Zig Zag hill is shite and covered in gravel -

But the views at the top are awesome :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Speedway style!!

5. its the UKMOC weekender so

a bound to rain
    b I cant go

which is a shame as very nice up there

6. Have decided to cancel other booking and come along. Biggest problem is that I have fallen in lust with the F3 Ago.....please don't let there be one on display, SWMBO will not be amused if I sign a cheque for £20000!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Excellent news Steve.

Donna has booked a table in the restaurant for her, me and our kids.

If anyone going wants to eat in the restaurant then you may want to do the same.

8. I'll just pull up an extra chair at your table Dave, I won't be allowed in unless I'm with you lot anyway!

9. If you ride zig zag and havent done it before (I'm sure you have Dave), take it slow (first time around at least). Not only is there gravel but a few corners that tighten up. It can catch you out.

10. Would you like us to add you to our booking? You'd be welcome to join us.

11. It would be interesting to find the average speed, probably 5-10 mph, best bit is the few miles at the top where there is some nice views and fast bends :)

12. I never have actually. I will be trying to find an alternative route as I will be on my D16 - probably the most unsuitable bike you can imagine for it. I'll go back another time on my SuperDuke - that should be a laugh!

13. Definitely.....got descision

14. Come from over the top, very bumpy and fast road. Where I learned how much better ohilins were than showas....may see if I can make it over too, and if anyone else fancies it

15. Ooooo that's so close to me it's not funny, hopefully not working that weekend.

16. As long as you don't mind, I'd love to join you!

17. OK - will give the airfield a ring tomorrow.

18. I have added you to our booking for lunch at 1pm

19. Very kind Dave, looking forward to it.

20. Anyone up for this?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information