Sweets That You Miss?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Baldyboy, May 9, 2014.

1. Watched a programme the other day and had a sudden craving for ovaltine chocolate loved it as a kid and it's no longer made, got to thinking what else you can't get and I would love a packet of spangles and a 1/4 of fizz bombs. Anyone else crave sweets from their youth?

• Like Like x 1
  2. palm toffee

3. sweets.jpg

Every woman's favourite.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Come to Switzerland and you can buy as much Ovaltine chocolate as you like. Called Ovomaltine in Switzerland (it's a Swiss company) - and comes in both milk and dark varieties. I quite often have it.

5. Bazooka joes - I bought a huge bag of them in the Philippines a few years ago.

Brought loads of memories back of the the gadgets you could allegedly order from them including personal submarines and X-ray specs :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    You wouldn't shoot a man before he's eaten his Texan Bar, would you?"

• Like Like x 6
  7. What about the chocolate teddy bears that disappeared in about 1970? They came in a box for birthdays.

8. [​IMG]

I lived on this stuff when i was a kid. Fucking love it. Love it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. [​IMG]

nostalgia aint what it used to be or sumink

• Like Like x 3
  10. bananas and shrimp candy aint what it used to be. they've changed....i love sweets me.

11. Wow, so many things already that I miss.
    Pretty much all the above plus Hulk Lollies,[​IMG]

Pacers

[​IMG]

And Quattro

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. PACERS!!!! dribble.....i fucking love those

Sweets. My weakness. The shame.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Got to risk it for a Swisskit!

image.jpg

14. And you could tell your folks you had just cleaned your teeth as they smelt of mint!

15. Amazing how many still exist albeit in a smaller 'metric' size :(

16. When I was a kid, my parents had a shop selling sweets, so I got to try everything and later to sell it. I think the best ever was a type of toffee which came in a large flat tray, all in one piece. The shopkeeper had to crack the toffee to bits (using a toffee hammer, obviously), and it was sold in irregularly-shaped chunks. There was a variety with brazil nuts in the toffee - absolutely delicious. My teeth would not be up to eating the stuff today, even if it still existed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm loving this so many memories , bet if we did an age check we would all be 40 plus. Sweets today shite. Always remember buying a 1/4 and it wasn't leb or rocky

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information