Swingarm update-standard exhaust system

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Kage, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Can anyone tell me if my standards termi for my 2003 999s, will still fit on my bike with the later spec swingarm?

Also, I seem to be reading mixed opinions on fuelling setup with a full system. I have the full spark Evo II system. I've fitted it to my bike, but I don't know which ecu I have. The 999 also already had a pcIII for the old half system. Do I replace the ecu for the correct one (which one), or get a custom map for the pcIII. Dealers are saying different things.

Thanks guys.

2. The later 999 with the black swingarm has a deep sump motor so the front pipe for the early shallow sump 999 will most likely foul on the deep sump (probably why they changed the exhaust) Not sure if there are swingarm clearance issues too. As to ECUs I used to run the stock ECU on my ol 999 on termies but with stock filters. when the DP ECU and filters were fitted it seemed to run too rich (smelt of fuel) and dropped to 80miles per tank. I wouldnt run the DP air filters on the stock ECU as they are seriously thin (can see through the filter) it will run lean. For me I kinda liked the 120mile tank range.

3. Well it looks like I have a deep sump on my '03 999s. The standard front header pipe fitted around it. The question is, will it fit with the later black swing arm as opposed the the grey one now removed. I'm just being lazy as I've done too much stripping and rebuilding, that I just wanted a quick answer. And the reason I ask is because I too am getting 80miles to the tank. My dilemma is get the bike mapped to the new full system and hope to gain a few more miles per tank, or sling on the old standard system and enjoy a better range. The other alternative would be to fit a larger tank.

Thanks

4. All will be well Kage. I had a Termi assymetric on my 03 999, and swapped the swingarm for the later one.....no probs at all........I have also fitted a 749R tank to mine as well, which gives increased capacity......even with the std tank and Termi I was getting 120 miles to a tank, so something isnt right with yours.....

5. Hello again Nog.

I wish I kept my asymmetric termi system! I spoke with a technician at Ducati Alesbury. He said with a full system and correct tuning, you're gonna get between 75-80 miles per tank. I wanted to try the standard system as a experiment. May swop it around tomorrow. If it returns the mileage per tank ill consider parting with the full system. The power gains achieved are suitable for track and owners trying to squeeze as much as they can, but for my limited skill, the 999 has plenty power.

Know anyone who's interested in a full race Spark Evo II ti system?

6. I have a Spark Ti system on mine as I import them.....lovely quality arent they....? Knock Termis into a cocked hat......but are you sure yours is full Ti ? It was only recently they started doing full Ti systems, before that the headers were stainless and the can Ti......

7. Yes Nog. The spark systems are very well made. I've had a few systems but for craftmanships and fitment this is the best. I probably wasn't clear in my description though. It's a full system having a ti end box and stainless steel headers. It's only a few months old, so if you have a customer who's after one, let me know. I may be up for selling.

Regards

8. I fitted a later swing are to my deep sumped 999 with half system it was a no no so had to buy a new link pipe.

As for the ECU just google the part number that should be on it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information