Switchable headlight on a Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave G, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Can anyone tell me the most recent Ducati models to have had the option of switching the headlight on or off?

Just musing with potential mods in mind.

2. I thought it became law that they must always be on in 2004, so should be anything from that point on.

3. I doubt whether its 'the law' otherwise all bikes would be required to have light on regardless of age.
    It may be bikes built from them were recommended or required to have their lights hard wired to meet new build recommendations, and probably most factories complied with this before then, I'm looking for the most recent model with an on-off switch.
    Probably before 2004 then, but I had expected that.

4. Its not the law, but studies on bikes that have headlights on during the day, have less chance being hit by car drivers. Same has wearing high viz vests. The law in France. Its after 2004 when all bikes had the lights on, all the time. But if you know a good electrican he can make a switch up, so the lights can be turned-off. i do ride with lights on, my 2001 aprilia mille.

5. When I say it became law, what I meant is that all motorcycles manufactured after that date must be made with lights that are always on. It's a piece of legislation. Obviously it can't be applied retrospectively, just like many other laws such as seat belt fitment and SRS in cars.

6. its not rocket science you can do this yourself you just need to insert a switch into the live wire feeding the hi/lo switch

7. My Multi has switchable head light on the right hand side switch gear....its a 2003 model

8. All that is needed is the switch. I have an 06 999 , the lights were on permanently , I purchased the switch gear off an 03 999 and fitted it onto the space where the old starter button assembly was. Everything is plug and play no cutting or soldering needed. Lights are now on when I want them .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information