Termignoni install on a 696 - how to?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Martin696, Aug 12, 2013.

1. With a bit of luck, by the end of this week, I should have a set of Termi slip-ons, a racing ECU for my bike, and a K&N air-filter. Is there any guidance on how to get it all done? Anyone got any tips / tricks? From what I can tell, the cans should be straight forward - a few bolts, springs, remove / replace, redo springs, bolts. For the ecu & air filter, remove the tank (or get someone to hold it?) then remove / replace the ecu (a few bolts & it just pulls out and plugs back in?) and remove / replace the air-filter (not sure what's involved here...)

2. Fitted the same on the wife's 796, bit fiddly but not that bad. Exhaust is straightforward, air filter and ECU a little bit fiddly.
    1: Remove seat and tank covers.
    2: A bolt under the seat area (kind of in the Y of the exhaust) and bolt either side of the tank needs removing.
    3: Slide the tank backwards (It may be forwards I can't clearly remember) until it clears the mounting rubbers at the front.
    4: The tank should pivot up enough to gain access to the ECU and filter.
    5: Get someone to hold the tank and disconnect the battery before disconnecting the ECU.

Once the tank is up its quite self explanatory how to get the ECU and filter off but don't forget you must disconnect the battery !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information