Termignoni or not?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Stebinners, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hi Steve,
    Not sure if this will help as I`m also thing of changing the standard pipes on my 1100. I had agood run out on a 696 with Leo Vince fitted and was very impressed. A lovely sound and a noticeable increase in performance. As far as I can tell no extra work is needed ,if I`m wrong I`m sure someone here will correct me. Not tried one with Termis for comparison but as you say, half price!. I think the standard exhausts on your evo are quite a bit better than the standards on mine anyway though.
    Keep us posted and I`ll let you know if I go ahead with mine.
    David

2. Those Leo's look V cool and for half the price. You would need to get a lot more performance befor I would pay double the price.

Regards Steve

3. To be honest the way I ride performance not an issue my 1100 goes fast enough! Looking more for the look and sound!

4. I had a M1100 and went the Termi, ECU and air filter replacement route. Initially I was running the carbon end cans with the stock ECU (damaged ECU supplied from Ducati) and filter and generally it was fine with the baffles in. Removing the baffles however did introduce some fluffyness but nothing too major. Fitting the Leo Vince may alter your fuelling slightly with the stock ECU, you may not notice any real difference. You can get unlocked and remapped of course.

5. I can't see my silencer from the saddle and I wear ear plugs.

I can't see the point in replacing a perfectly serviceable silencer for an expensive aftermarket item :eek:

6. 749 999 1098 Termignoni Exhaust decals - heat resistant | eBay

:upyeah:

Got carbon Yoshimura cans on my SS, they sound amazing! Can't see them when Im riding so who cares who they are made by?

All this keep-it-Italian business is a load of crap anyways, I fitted a front Pirelli instead of my usual Michelins, what did it have written on the sidewall??

MADE IN GERMANY

:biggrin:

7. No, you don't really need a remap. Entirely personal choice. If riding on track, then maybe recommended(even then)

Go for whatever you like better. I never had a set of termi on my dukes as i find the quality quite bad.

8. I was so bored off everybody going for termi so i decided on Zard. plus side there great looking and sound awsome Down side can be expensive. But i love um

9. I have a 796 monster and I could not justify paying out for termis even though they are what they are! The bike already has more power than i will ever use so again not bothered about improving performance either. However, I do like personalising my bike with after market accessories and have always intended to change the standard exhausts for what i consider a better look. Consequently, I have recently ordered the Arrow cans full carbon :biggrin: they should be here wednesday so should be able to post pictures over weekend!

10. However, Termi cans have the best looks imo and good sound wise. But unfortunately, the wielding on the pipes has a lot to be desired for.

11. "Termis have the best look" really ? I guess if you want your duke to look like everybody else's that's your choice I'd rather be different lol

12. +1 :upyeah:

13. Here are the arrow's fitted today, good fit, awesome sound, i'm changing the logo to the original yellow / blue, prefer that one, to the new design silver /black.

Monster with Arrow Cans 004.jpg Monster with Arrow Cans 003.jpg

Monster with Arrow Cans 004.jpg

Monster with Arrow Cans 003.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I may get lots of stick, but my opinion is - My bike kicks out in the region of 160 bhp, and is already so loud it can make small girls cry. (Sorry to the rather hot lady in Okehampton whos daughter burst into tears. I was only on tickover, and wasnt even touching the throttle!) I like the looks of the standard Ducati cans, which are road legal, but sound to me fantastic. Why should I bother changing anything?
    Ps I had two gsxr's from new. Both were totally standard when I sold them on...
    Let the abuse begin....

#15 Ian, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  15. Geebers... That is sooooo spanking SEXY both bike color scheme and exhaust. I'm a new rider and addition to the forum from Brunei that is pending on the delivery of my Monster 796 in 13 days. May i ask if you are utilizing the full system or are these the slip on? Apologies for sounding daft as I'm still quite green on the subject of bikes.

16. They are the slip on cans, not much louder than standard but deeper tone, not had the baffles out, but its ok for me as it is. Having the yellow logo fitted tomorrow.

17. I'd also take a look at SC project stuff if I was you -http://www.sc-project.com/products.htm

that's what I'll be buying for my Hyper/Streetfighter (whichever I have in the end)

still Italian, have racing history, look the biz and are much cheaper. No you don't get the ecu but frankly ducati 'racing' ecus are only a standard ecu that's had a very generic map chucked on it. You'd be much better off getting your system, picking the best air filter/air box mod and then having your ecu mapped directly imo

Do Not Sell My Personal Information